• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:18:13 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

6 Gallon Primary Fermentor Glass Carboys

Started by snapscrackle, October 09, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alealex

Thanks for understanding, just out of my hands. Since monday I'm waiting for the reply of some german courier called Shroeder. We'll see.
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

Bzfeale80

Quote from: alealex on November 29, 2013, 03:59:46 PM
I've no time, money and patience for all this phone calls, it's a shame but it all stops at the shipping insurance point.
I personally don't fancy getting shattered carboy  :'( or rather don't fancy chancing it without insurance.
Seller says theres very few accidents regarding glass carboys but no courier company wants to insure this product on international routes.
Don't know what to do  :-\

Thanks for all your effort alex regarding this possible group buy of carboys. I agree with your point of view regarding the issue of shipping insurance. I see you mentioned that they are coming from Cracow in Poland. Maybe someone here might know a driver or transport company who regularly make trips between Poland and Ireland who may be able to help in this situation? Just a thought. Again really appreciate all the effort you put in up to this point in time.

alealex

Here's what I'm planning to do:
I'll order 34litre one and I'll ship it with dpd (no glass insured).
Fingers crossed it'll come in one piece. Will report back what is the package like etc.
If I'm happy with this we can push this gb to it's conclusion. I'm going to order another 2x25litre ones on gb as per list.
If it comes in bits I'll defo regret it greatly :'( but I can't see any other way to push this gb thru to it's end
Lets wish this carboy safe journey!!  ;D

Greg2013

Quote from: alealex on December 01, 2013, 09:44:43 AM
Here's what I'm planning to do:
I'll order 34litre one and I'll ship it with dpd (no glass insured).
Fingers crossed it'll come in one piece. Will report back what is the package like etc.
If I'm happy with this we can push this gb to it's conclusion. I'm going to order another 2x25litre ones on gb as per list.
If it comes in bits I'll defo regret it greatly :'( but I can't see any other way to push this gb thru to it's end
Lets wish this carboy safe journey!!  ;D

Definitely a huge risk on your part Alex but it is appreciated by me and the others i am sure :D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

alealex

Feck it, I'll take the risk. Have a feeling is not a wise decision to courier it, there must be a reason why brouwland doesn't courier 34 or 54 litre carboys, seems like courier companies are not great enthusiasts of this idea neither.

Eoin

I'm willing to take a risk on some 54`s if you get some of the others safely.

Sent from my HTC One

David

I think it is only fair if everyone on the list insures Alex's test buy including delivery. It is a test for our group buy so Alex shouldn't take the total hit should things go wrong. It only a small amount if spread among us all.
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg2013

I am willing to contribute to underwriting alex's buy, i think its only fair after all. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

Why don't you just order more than you need, if you get no damages result! and they can be sold on, if you do get damages nobody looses out and you should still have enough.
The transport and handling will be totally different for 1 vs a pallet of them which should be better.

Greg2013

Quote from: CH on December 01, 2013, 09:53:15 PM
Why don't you just order more than you need, if you get no damages result! and they can be sold on, if you do get damages nobody looses out and you should still have enough.
The transport and handling will be totally different for 1 vs a pallet of them which should be better.

Pallet of them probably would be a safer bet actually ;)

alealex

Ordered this morn, it will be on its way tomorrow morning, should get it by friday/monday.
Just wanted to speed things up a bit, hate waiting forever.
I agree pallet would be a safer option but I'm not really sure if it's still cheaper  :-\
2x25litre in one parcel @ €29.16 inc vat is cheap and delivered to the door - €14.58 each
We'll get back to it by the end of the week.
By the way 34 litre one was €31.25 @ 1EUR=4.16PLN

@All: Thanks for the good word, thats club unity!

Ciderhead

December 02, 2013, 06:01:06 PM #89 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:29:40 PM by CH
Hope it's not Dpd, just been down my local depot and boxes were being "air freighted" into the back of the van :o