• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 04:42:20 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Imperial Stout - what is good?

Started by Dara, November 08, 2013, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

Quote from: CeardLeann on November 10, 2013, 05:07:34 PM
This was rereleased last year. Wish I had kept a bottle. Drank one it was devine. Apparentley gets deviner up to ten years after.

Is that the Courage one you  mean?

I bought two bottles of it. Still have two bottles of it  8)

CeardLeann

Aye, woops. Meant to mention. It was lovely. Being a bit more patient with the Leann Folláin barrel aged. Actually put that and and few others under the stairs in my ma's, hopefully I'll forget about them. Better be careful at Christmas.

delzep

I thought the barrel aged Leann Follain was awful. And I love the regular Leann Follain

delzep

Ginormous pics of my original Porterhouse Celebration Stout (complete with paint splattered on the bottle  ;D)

http://i.imgur.com/E7CUaBm.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/xAueVN8.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/8DGUxiO.jpg?1

delzep

CeardLeann

Quote from: delzep on November 11, 2013, 12:26:53 AM
I thought the barrel aged Leann Follain was awful. And I love the regular Leann Follain
Well I've bought it now! It can only improve with age. Dido on the regular leann folláin

mr hoppy

Not to come off all BJCP, but would Leann Folainn not be an export stout more than a RIS?

Eoin

Quote from: mr happy on November 12, 2013, 10:23:32 PM
Not to come off all BJCP, but would Leann Folainn not be an export stout more than a RIS?

See you used just like beer now you've gone and broke it.

Sent from my HTC One

delzep

Quote from: Il Tubo on November 12, 2013, 05:18:11 PM
I had barrel aged LF in the RDS in 2012 and thought it was really good.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk 2

Just saw that its a different barrel used this year

QuoteFollowing the success of our first edition where we aged in American bourbon barrels, we decided to age our Leann Folláin in this second Edition for at least 90 days in Irish Whiskey barrels and condition in bottle to provide a gentle carbonation.

mr hoppy

Quote from: Eoin on November 12, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Quote from: mr happy on November 12, 2013, 10:23:32 PM

See you used just like beer now you've gone and broke it.

:D That's while I'll probably never do the BJCP, but much as I like LF I'd expect something with more wallop from a RIS.

Incidentally, I saw a Fullers RIS in Bradleys this evening - at 10.7% I'd say it has a fair wallop! Anyone tried it?

delzep

Is that part of the Past Masters range?

mr hoppy

No, it was in a cardboard box like the vintage ale.

delzep

mr hoppy

yep, I forgot to mention the box is purple.

Dara

I bought a bottle of that fullers ris to give as a present last weekend....and gave the present >:(first tome I bought a beer present for someone without having to make a trip back to buy the same present again. So all I can say, nice colour box.
drinking - Brown porters (plain/oak aged/vanilla)
conditioning - American Amber (Jamil's evil twin)
Fermenting - air