• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:25:59 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limited Edition Beers

Started by sub82, December 16, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

it didn't stop you going back for the second one  ;D

irish_goat

True ha, it was on two separate occasions though. I usually like to give a beer two chances, especially cask ones as they can mature a good bit in a week.

Speaking of Spoons, they are currently getting rid of their Christmas cask stock and are selling pints for 99p. Was drinking The Celt Experience Saison(5.3%) the other night.  :)

SlugTrap

Quote from: TheSumOfAllBeers on December 20, 2013, 12:57:51 PM
OTOH if you can get it (Pelt Trader @ Cannon St. is your best bet) Lagunitas IPA is being imported in splendid condition.
Good dates but bad pricing: 100% over what it'd be in the US, where it's almost "budget craft" - widely available at $5 a bomber.

Quote from: Hop Bomb on December 23, 2013, 03:21:46 AM
That'd make it nearly a year old? 
Not so; Stone are very public about short-dating their beers.

Quote from: irish_goat on January 08, 2014, 08:53:58 AM
I had two pints of their cask beer they did for Wetherspoons and thought the same, far too bitter and just seemed like it was bitter for the sake of being bitter.
Welcome to San Diego! ;)
Stone is probably the most egregious example, but Green Flash, Port, and Ballast Point all make SDPAs with no attempt at balance.

mr hoppy

Quote from: SlugTrap on January 08, 2014, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: Hop Bomb on December 23, 2013, 03:21:46 AM
That'd make it nearly a year old? 
Not so; Stone are very public about short-dating their beers.

Good to know. Thanks!

Taf

In my opinion, the Ruination and Stone in general, even when fresh in the US is the same, as in all about the bitterness, and although I am a hophead, I am not really into overly bitter. I find the same with a lot of American DIPA's when in the US, and normally avoid them in favour of IPA's, which have a lot more flavour. On the other hand, I drank a lot of Lagunitas IPA the last time I was there and really enjoyed it.