• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:57:50 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - January Meet - Thursday 16th January

Started by Bubbles, December 30, 2013, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

1. Bubbles (English Brown Ale, something Belgian-ish)
2. Shanna (Weiss/Blonde bier, Maroon Irish Ale, Giddyup English IPA & SD Barrel Aged RIS)
3. John_C (APA)
4. Cathal (Questionable Hefe Weizen)
5. beerfly (irish red)
6. Brewtus (Brown Porter and Märzen/Oktoberfest)
7. David (APA)

BeerWolf

Hi all,

I'm new to homebrew and would like to join you guys next week.

I also have two mates who are interested in the idea of homebrew but haven't made the leap just yet. I'd like to bring them along if that's okay?

I'm afraid we won't have anything to contribute except our ignorance and lack of knowledge about homebrew. I've just started my first batch which came with the Coopers DIY Kit that I'm using... which I'll probably ruin as I try to pop my homebrew cherry!!

Ciarán

Shanna

Quote from: BeerWolf on January 10, 2014, 03:45:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to homebrew and would like to join you guys next week.

I also have two mates who are interested in the idea of homebrew but haven't made the leap just yet. I'd like to bring them along if that's okay?

I'm afraid we won't have anything to contribute except our ignorance and lack of knowledge about homebrew. I've just started my first batch which came with the Coopers DIY Kit that I'm using... which I'll probably ruin as I try to pop my homebrew cherry!!

Ciarán

Ciaran we all start somewhere and you might surprise yourself with your kit.  If you got your sanitation right there is a good chance your first kit will turn out better than you expect.  Your more than welcome to bring your mates along all I would ask is that you put your and their names on the list so we know how many people will attend. Generally speaking each person bringing a beer would bring along a single bottle to sample.  However if the numbers of people attending goes over 10, people might want to consider bringing two bottles to allow everybody to sample the beer.  Don't worry about you not bringing any beer, if and when your coopers kit is ready you can bring it along.

I and others started on kits so prep your questions and hopefully we can help answer them.  We are always looking to encourage new Brewers especially those local to the area so your all very welcome.

Shanna

Ps: Don't feel just because you're a new Brewer that you have to be deferential to everybody as we all have to start somewhere. Personally I am brewing less than two years so in the grand scheme of things I am a complete beginner also.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Hi guys

As the numbers are trending up towards 10 might not be a bad idea to consider bringing two bottles of your beer along to cater for the larger numbers.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Just bumping this...

I'm eager to get some opinions on a Belgian ale I did - can't think of which BJCP category to place it in for the competition.

John_C

2. Shanna (Weiss/Blonde bier, Maroon Irish Ale, Giddyup English IPA & SD Barrel Aged RIS)
3. John_C
5. beerfly (irish red)
7. David (APA)

I finished my keg during the week so I won't have any beer to bring.

BeerWolf

3. John_C
5. beerfly (irish red)
7. David (APA)
8. Ciaran

Waiting on confirmation from the lads I extended the invite to. I will update as soon as I hear.