• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:03:41 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewing Diploma (IBD) Course Now Open

Started by BrewCity, January 09, 2014, 12:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewCity

Beer Ireland in conjunction with the Taste4Success Skillnet will be running an online study course in preparation for the June Brewing Diploma 1 exam. This course is free to jobseekers. To sign up contact info@taste4success.ie

When signing up through the skillnet you must be either a jobseeker or must be working in the food and drink sector. Any interested parties who do not meet these requirements but would still like to enroll should contact Sara@BeerIreland.ie

More info:
http://beerireland.ie/brewing-diploma-course/

TheSumOfAllBeers

BrewCity

Practical as in someone lets you mess around with their brewery? Afraid not, but the test is in essay format so you have to really demonstrate a solid knowledge of the material, not just multiple guess, so I presume it's a fairly thorough course.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Practical, meaning that at some point you make beer or have it demonstrated.

BrewCity

No making of beer I'm afraid. The course assumes you already know how to make beer, but just want to hone your skills. It's a more detailed look at the techniques and science behind brewing with an emphasis on commercial brewing.

Covey

i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

johnrm

Ciderhead

Covey

BrewCity

Spud and I are on this course which starts January 27th.
The course is free if you're a jobseeker. If you're not a jobseeker email me and I'll try to get you a price. Sara@BeerIreland.ie

brenmurph

Covey

Quote from: BrewCity on January 14, 2014, 10:08:32 PM
Spud and I are on this course which starts January 27th.
The course is free if you're a jobseeker. If you're not a jobseeker email me and I'll try to get you a price. Sara@BeerIreland.ie

Thanks Sara, i will leave it for this year but def next year.

Wonder how many Homebrewers from the club are Job seekers, very few id say.