• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:33:15 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BJCP class of 2014

Started by admin, February 12, 2014, 02:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

Recognised judge here too! I'm delighted, it was a tough enough tasting exam :)

brenmurph

hip hip for Kellie first woman announced as Irish Recognised judge?? ????? :) ;D :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) O0 8)

beerfly

http://bjcp.org/apps/reports/countries.php

got Apprentice

what ones were in 2013. 
nationals - nothing for it
the liffey one is down as jan

other then that all mine seem to be there, was surprised that the summer comp was on it

yea the jump to certified is 5 points (half need to be judging points)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Quote from: brenmurph on August 21, 2014, 09:23:27 AM
hip hip for Kellie first woman announced as Irish Recognised judge?? ????? :) ;D :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) O0 8)

You forgot Hooray  ;D
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

brenmurph

Quote from: Saruman on August 21, 2014, 09:20:16 AM
I think it's 5 yes. I'm at 4.5 because the twisted pepper is missing.

so who is first "certified judge ireland? U in the race Reuben?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I already am technically. I'm just missing the points on the system to confirm it  ;)
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

brenmurph

congrats ;)

is it just half point for stewarding?

also anyone answer re 2014 nationals I judged all day in cork and stewarded all day in dublin. I didnt receive steward points, is this because its down as one comp when it was actually 2 comps over 2 days....

anyone confirm?

Tom

Well done everyone. Nice to finally KNOW! Pity the leaving certs have stolen the thunder a bit this week. However, I'm now a recognised beer judge, and everyone shall hear about it.

I'd better start getting out there and earning some points, so! I'll raise a toast to the class tonight.

Rossa

Quote from: brenmurph on August 21, 2014, 09:37:43 AM
congrats ;)

also anyone answer re 2014 nationals I judged all day in cork and stewarded all day in dublin. I didnt receive steward points, is this because its down as one comp when it was actually 2 comps over 2 days....

anyone confirm?

It wasn't 2 Bren.

brenmurph

Quote from: Tom on August 21, 2014, 09:39:44 AM
Well done everyone. Nice to finally KNOW! Pity the leaving certs have stolen the thunder a bit this week. However, I'm now a recognised beer judge, and everyone shall hear about it.

Go find a hill up there and enjoy a celebratory pint ( r2)

brenmurph

Quote from: Rossa on August 21, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
Quote from: brenmurph on August 21, 2014, 09:37:43 AM
congrats ;)

anyone confirm?

It wasn't 2 Bren.

Ye rossa I agree  Its registered as 1 comp, but does bjcp award per day or per registered comp?  The uk nationals in bristol are split over 2 days and 2 venues as well

Rossa

The way it works is for a certain amount of entries you get to award a certain amount of points. The amount of days really didn't matter as it is sessions that count. The system won't allow you to give someone more points than they are allotted. But you are able to retrieve points retrospectively. All that has nothing to do with a competition organiser and has to be done through the BJCP.

A half point for stewarding is right I think but again all that info is on the BJCP site.
(That is off the top of my head btw!)

brenmurph

Been on here http://www.bjcp.org/docs/First_Time_Judge_Packet.pdf and its fried my head. Does not make sense reeally. Why we not given 1.5 points for judging when the numbers were 50-100 or 2 points for judging when the entries are 200-300 and so on.

Anyways Ive asked Ali to clarify ( just mailed him) his bristol uk nationals are same scenario ( two venues on two different days, one comp)  hopefully he can clarify.

In my situ I commuted to Dublin, then commuted to Cork at significant expense (70 euros in taxi home from dub, 70 euros b&B cork) and seems unjust not to be given points for my work in cork just because its "one" comp....surely that cant be the case given that judges pick up points for "each session" e.g points for morning and points for evening

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jacob