• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 04, 2024, 03:32:13 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew day in my gaf this Saturday:

Started by Hop Bomb, July 25, 2014, 02:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Just spent the evening unpacking & setting up the brew shed in the new gaf. Will be brewing & drinking all day Saturday if any of ye are about. Im in Tara Grove in Wellpark.

While cleaning up I sorted through a lot of stuff & Ive a bunch of stuff taking up room that I need to move on.

01 x 2 litre stainless pot with lid / cut to receive a HBC or HBW 2.4 KW element (herms project never finished)
01 x 50 Litre keggle / comes installed with a tap & 3 inch dial thermometer
02 x KM8 m50 lock nuts  (stainless steel nuts for tightening the shite out of those leaky kettle elements)
18 feet of black webbed canvas material (half inch wide) bought to make carboy harnesses which i never got around to
05 x brand new bubbler air locks with caps
01 x really old school hammer on bottle capper
02 x plastic needle valves/syphon taps (handy for flow control after your pump to set run off & sparge flow rates)

If any of ye are interested in any of this lot Il let the items go for feck all.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

CARA

I'd be up for getting the keggle from you, couldn't just take it though, swap ya for W malt.?
Upa Sesh

montofk

Is that the keggle we were pm'ing about yesterday!?  ???

Possibly didn't make myself clear enough..... but.... I was/still am interested!!!...
thought I'd have time for a look, but wasn't really envisaging anything that'd stop me buying.... Other than Cara! ;)

St. Fursey

Interested in the 2l pot - I haven't gone near my herms pot build yet
Are you going a different route?

Hop Bomb

You have first dibs on the keggle Montofk.

@Enda - 2 litre pot is all yours. We can haggle on price when I see you.  Still gona do herms pot at some stage, Just not right now & I literally dont have anywhere to put all this extra stuff so it has to go.

Hop Bomb

Late start to the brew day today as I discovered a leak in my new HLT. Had to use the BK to heat the strike water. Mash is on now. If any of ye are about call in. Sun is shining & Ive a few Kernel beers to taste today :)

Recipe:  http://imgur.com/Btpy3n4

Hop Bomb

Yeasties:

Hops: 60 min @ 0.3g p/ltr / 15 min @ 0.8g p/ltr  / flame out @ 3g p/ltr

St. Fursey

Your setup is looking good. I can't make it today unfortunately

montofk

Was about to say the same!... wouldn't mind an afternoon of messing with shiny stuff and sipping homebrews... :(
have a good one

Hop Bomb

Cheers lads. Today is its first official brew with all three vessels & both pumps in operation (even though the HLT was out of action for the first half)

Two chuggers in action:

The rig:

Damo

Wow

Great looking set up :)

U must be very proud of it! How'd it's first run work out,
Any changes to make?

Btw: hose looks great ::)

Hop Bomb

Cheers Damo. Few little things like the hose quick disconnects not sealing properly (little drips - faulty QDs need to be replaced) & its hard to get the flow rates matched on the mash tun & HLT for fly sparging. Il try dial it in prior to sparging with a measuring jug & timer next brew.  Its also a bit high (i need a step ladder to see into the pots) but Ive a stainless table down in Tipp to put the rig on so just need to collect that in a van. It was the first day using the remote control power sockets for the pumps & elements (20e in lidl). Well happy with those.