• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 10:15:32 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

No meet tonight then ???

Started by barkar, June 27, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

Fridays seem to be generally ok. But from what i gather, a few people are looking to move from the last Friday.
What suits best - first, second or third Friday; or some other day?

I'll start: 1st Friday (but not too bothered)

barkar

So that would means this Friday , short notice would people be around ,

montofk

I'm not pushed... I'd try a Saturday just to experiment for the reasons outlined... but the Friday's fine too... once the head has cleared you have the rest of the weekend to do other stuff. pros n cons to either..

So if we're going Fridays then I'll vote with 1st Friday too (this one coming)...  My weekends are fairly full through July and August, but I'm free this weekend. Had it penciled in for a brew actually, won't the get chance again for some time.

It's not much of a shift is it?!! One Friday vs a different Friday... I'd imagine it'll be the same through out the summer, what suits one won't suit another.    There's loads happening over the summer for people, and people are right to feck off and do what they do...   Sept / Oct and the darker months beyond will see people back to hanging around Galway more.

St. Fursey

Quote from: barkar on July 02, 2014, 04:59:54 PM
So that would means this Friday , short notice would people be around ,
I might not be able to make this Friday myself.  As a general consensus though,  which night works best?

barkar

friday is good , might make this friday also!

montofk

Ha!! As if to prove a point!.  don't think there is a particular Friday that will consistently suit everyone for all 12 months.

Put it another way.... Is there a Friday that is consistently 'out' for anyone?.... Football training, band practice, work shifts, AA meetings...

Failing any direction on that just chose a date and see who turns up.

Quote from: St. Fursey on July 02, 2014, 08:39:01 PM
I might not be able to make this Friday myself.  As a general consensus though,  which night works best?

barkar

Friday before the 25th - payday

Kevco5

Fridays are 50/50 for me at the moment, doesn't really matter which Friday it is!

Hop Bomb

Id go for a Friday also that isnt the last Fri in the month. That tends to be when I get most my visitors or go visiting. My preference would be a week night though. I live in the city & dont have kids so most evenings are free. I realise Im in the minority in that respect.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

MisterBurns

Friday works for me but last Friday of the month similar to Hop Bomb I either have visitors or tend to be visiting so any other one is normally fine

barkar

so Fridays other than last Friday generally  so other than Enda would tomorrow be a runner  ? would people have beer to bring or push out to following week(s), 

MisterBurns

I can't make this week but would be around next week - should have a bottle or two to bring with me

St. Fursey

I have a pass for tomorrow.  Is this meet going ahead?

barkar

I may also get out, i have :

Wit beer
Hefe
maybe BIPA

barkar

So are we scheduling , would want to ring the oslo,