• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 21, 2024, 08:19:07 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thur 25th September

Started by Bubbles, September 15, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Quote from: beerfly on September 24, 2014, 06:34:47 PM
1. Bubbles - Turbo Cider, American Barleywine
2. Shanna - American Amber Ale, Barrel Aged English Barley Wine, Non Barrel Aged English Barley Wine
3. JohnC - Mild Ale
4. RonnieB - Hoppy Brown Ale.. and maybe a bog standard Porter.
5. Brewtus - Saison
6. Dn218 - APA dry hop experiment (if primed enough by then....)
7. Cno1 - Pale Ale (a bit cloudy due to forgetting Whirlfloc), Craft Range Stout, Craft Range Cherry Cider
8. beerfly - may or may not be beerless.  i'll bring my water hardness test kit. if anyone wants their water tested bring sample with them, about 20-30ml
Test the water in the pub as it should cover most of the area.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

David

1. Bubbles - Turbo Cider, American Barleywine
2. Shanna - American Amber Ale, Barrel Aged English Barley Wine, Non Barrel Aged English Barley Wine
3. JohnC - Mild Ale
4. RonnieB - Hoppy Brown Ale.. and maybe a bog standard Porter.
5. Brewtus - Saison
6. Dn218 - APA dry hop experiment (if primed enough by then....)
7. Cno1 - Pale Ale (a bit cloudy due to forgetting Whirlfloc), Craft Range Stout, Craft Range Cherry Cider
8. beerfly - may or may not be beerless.  i'll bring my water hardness test kit. if anyone wants their water tested bring sample with them, about 20-30ml
9. David - belgian style ale with too much crystal and not very belgian

ronnieb

Going to have to give tonight a miss.  Work dragging on, by the time I get back to the hills and down to Blackrock it will be too late.  Enjoy, at least ye won't have to endure the bitter mess of an ale I have made!

Bubbles

Shanna

Quote from: ronnieb on September 25, 2014, 07:20:32 PM
Going to have to give tonight a miss.  Work dragging on, by the time I get back to the hills and down to Blackrock it will be too late.  Enjoy, at least ye won't have to endure the bitter mess of an ale I have made!
Could you stop en route? :)

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Had to give a shout out to fellow South Dublin Brewer John_C tonight..

Having won the Garden County Brewers irish red competition recently, John asked ciderhead if he would stick his €150 prize money behind the bar in the Dark Horse for the next SD meet.

Needless to say, we supped and laughed all evening. Never ceases to amaze me, the generosity and spirit of our NHC community. Thanks again John, and congrats on your recent triumph!

beerfly

John_C

Quote from: Bubbles on September 26, 2014, 01:18:36 AM

Having won the Garden County Brewers irish red competition recently, John asked ciderhead if he would stick his €150 prize money behind the bar in the Dark Horse for the next SD meet.

Needless to say, we supped and laughed all evening. Never ceases to amaze me, the generosity and spirit of our NHC community. Thanks again John, and congrats on your recent triumph!

The place is turning into a bit of a communist commune, with the free beer from the competition and free hops from Shanna.

I have "33 ppm calcium carbonate equivalent" written down from the water result. I have no idea what that means though.

Bubbles

Things got a bit hazy later on alright! :)

As bad as I felt this morning, I was glad that I'd been drinking the Table beer all night and stayed away from the Foam&Fury.

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on September 26, 2014, 01:18:36 AM

Had a great night last night and have to echo Conors comment that it was super generous. Only thing was that I paid for it today having to spend four hours diagnosing a bastard of a distributed network problem at work.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

:)

I was trying hard not to breathe on anyone in work today..

ronnieb

Quote from: Shanna on September 25, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

Could you stop en route? :)

Shanna

If only I could have! Work today would have been ever worse though!  Looks like a great night was had.
At least I now have a weekend free to concentrate on brewing! No SWMBO to placate about the smell of boiling wort.. 

Bubbles