• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 09:22:46 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

paracetic acid 5% 25l

Started by featherbed_brew, November 10, 2012, 09:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherbed_brew

anybody interested in paracetic acid? they are selling 25 litres in enniscorthy, maybe do a group buy ?

Snuff

Could I get rid of a body using this acid? Just asking like.....
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Ciderhead

QuoteCould I get rid of a body using this acid? Just asking like.....

No but it would be sterilised and very clean :)

featherbed_brew

this product is a no rinse steriliser that is used in the food industry, non tainting and breaks down into harmless by products. rates of use are @ 1ml/l for final rinsing. hows that sound guys? so 5l =5000l rinse  :o

CARA

I'd be interested, you can never be too clean!!
Upa Sesh

wallacebiy

I've used it a bit ,

Good stuff for Bottle sanitising , Stainless steel sanitising and for plastic .

Drys the skin a bit , so minimise contact on hands if you can

Padraic

So is this a direct starsan replacement? Would it do the same job? i.e. no rinse sanitiser...

Spud395

Yeah thats it. It will degrade over time once diluted to usable strength.

I'm wondering should we try an auld list or something that way.
Depending on price I'd take 5L maybe, is that what we're proposing or smaller splits?
Non modo......sed etiam

Will_D

Just to note:

Commercial PA is supplied at about 35% strength. As most of the cost is involved in transport and packaging could you not get a stronger acid.

However: 35% is about 7 times more corrosive than 5%!! and would may require PPE!

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

QuoteJust to note:

Commercial PA is supplied at about 35% strength. As most of the cost is involved in transport and packaging could you not get a stronger acid.

However: 35% is about 7 times more corrosive than 5%!! and would may require PPE!

Will

PA is hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid right?, both even at 35% are fine in regular HDPE containers.
I am guessing that they are currently in drums similar to what we had on the cider juice run, but probably blue.
I'm a divil for the star san but wouldn't use 5L in 2 years ;D

Will_D

QuoteJust to note:

Will

PA is hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid right?, both even at 35% are fine in regular HDPE containers.
I am guessing that they are currently in drums similar to what we had on the cider juice run, but probably blue.
I'm a divil for the star san but wouldn't use 5L in 2 years ;D

yep, Spot on !! Its a bistable compound of hydrogen Peroxide and Acetic Acid ( Thats just one way to make it, but however it decomposes into those constituents and then the Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down into "active" oxygen and water.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Spud395

Thats what I've seen it stored in anyway CH
Non modo......sed etiam