• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:01 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Discussion Re: 2012 Harvest Hops group buy.

Started by Shanna, November 25, 2012, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

November 25, 2012, 09:24:34 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:54:53 PM by admin
Hi Tube,

Is it the same account that I used for the keg group buy that the money is paid into? I am on holidays at the moment and so can't setup any additional account payees (as Ulsterbank requires use of a digital pass).

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Why not just shoot people instead ;-) Only kidding but is this not a bit strong? I understand people are busy and don't want to have extra work but this strikes me as a bit unnecessarily heavy handed.

Declan

Anyone who puts their name down and doesn't pay gets a 1 year ban from group buys.
Hops Group buy packer

Dodge

I think that any one interested in a group buy should put their name down and wait for details when to pay. For those organizing the group buy specify the cutoff point for quantity and go with it. Any one lazy or not interested will just miss out. I commend those that go out there way to organize these group buys!

Shanna

Hi Tube et al,

Please don't mark me down as awkward as I realise from previous organisation of a group buy what is involved. I know that its awkward for people when money that is required does not show up or when people or late.

However the strength for me in the group buy is the collective economic power that getting lots of people to buy into gives. I would hate to think that the needs of the organiser on any group (really just another buyer) becomes more important than the members of the group. I would like to think that the members of the group are motivated and courteous enough to respect the time/effort put in by the organiser of the group and defer to his wishes to make things go as smoothly as possible.

Tube thanks for confirming the details of the account, I will update the other list with my order.

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Hi Tube,

Ah I see, did not really appreciate the sensitivity of the order timing. I see also that the number of people involved in this is climbing steadily.

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

SOS_OPA

Hi there,

I haven't taken part in one of these before so can you let me know the Paypal and Bank deets? (don't know yet which one I'll use)

Thanks for organising this!