• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 23, 2024, 08:26:32 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Blichmann Beer Gun

Started by Rossa, October 07, 2012, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossa

October 07, 2012, 03:14:49 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:02:00 AM by admin
There seems to be enough interest in the Blichmann Beer Gun to look into a group buy. So far Blichmann haven't replied to me and I don't think they will as they only want to deal with distributors or retailers. An Irish retailer also has not returned my email BUT...

I have heard from one UK shop and they are offering
  ' 5% discount on orders of 5 - 9 bottling guns & accessory
kits or 10% on 10 and over.'

They retail for £62.00 for the gun and £18.95 for the accessory kit which is £81.95 or approx €102 overall. Delivery will be approx €20 overall.

There may also be a need for a gas splitter which is about €7 but that may be an individual choice.

There doesn't seem to be much more wiggle room than that.

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/beergun/beergun.html

http://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/public/detailv1.asp?itemcode=BEE20070084

So who is in?

richieh

Taf

Dr Jacoby

Hopefully a group buy will avoid the inevitable "I'll give you my Blichmann Beer Gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"  :)
Every little helps

Rossa

I tried the UK suppliers and a second got back to me offering 5% off and free delivery when 15 are ordered.
I also tried HBW, who in fairness got back to me, they put them on their site at €150 for the package.

Will_D

Just to be pedantic and so people are not disapointed it's my understanding that the Blickman is NOT a counter pressure bottle filler. They do not seal onto the neck of the bottle and so just dispense the beer gradually/smoothly to the bottom of the bottle via a simple pressure sensitive tip. They MAY be convertable to counter pressure but I'm not sure. Given the design/technology €100 seems exessive. Having said all that I might well get one as a basis for conversion.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Rossa

correct, these are not a counter pressure filler but they do have the capacity to purge the bottle with co2 prior to and after filling. It is just a very handy way to fill bottles from a keg without the hassle of foaming etc and should give the bottles a longer shelf life than sticking them under the beer tap. 

Rossa

Jacob

When r u planning to order those?

Rossa

October 10, 2012, 10:54:55 PM #9 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:56:05 PM by Ronaldo
As soon as we have the numbers.

Jacob

Hmmm have to talk to Santa about getting me one for xmas :)

Jacob

October 11, 2012, 10:35:09 AM #11 Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:36:28 AM by Jacob
That's what I got from Santa 2 years ago when I told him about my plans of joining the homebrewers 'sect' :)

nigel_c

I reckon you could MacGyver yourself an apple press out o that as well

Jacob

QuoteBloody hell. Does that cork bottles too, or something?
Not sure about it but the head is replaceable and comes in different sizes.

Rossa

QuoteBloody hell. Does that cork bottles too, or something?
Not sure about it but the head is replaceable and comes in different sizes.
excellent. you can get the bigger caps for the larger champagne bottles. You definitely need s beer gun then. ;)