• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:04:46 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Blichmann Beer Gun

Started by Rossa, October 07, 2012, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cahalbrua

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua

think taf is in as well how many do we need again for a group buy ?

Rossa

To quote a supplier 'We could offer you 5% discount on orders of 5 - 9 bottling guns & accessory
kits or 10% on 10 and over.'

5% looks approx 100 but once I have the numbers I'll get a final price. 10 guns will be  circa €90.

trombyy

An early Xmas pressie for me, put me down for one,

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua
5 trombyy

Rossa

Excellent. Up to 5.
Taf might be 6. Cara_eire thought he might want 2 so if they all  come in we need just 2 to get to ten. I'll get tweeting.

Rossa

Jacob

Ok, spoke with Santa ...
+1 for me :P

Rossa

:)
QuoteOk, spoke with Santa ...

Padraic

QuoteOk, spoke with Santa ...

Also had a chat with Mrs. Santa so I'm in!

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua
5 trombyy
6 Jacob
7 Padraic

DEMPSEY

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua
5 trombyy
6 Jacob
7 Padraic
8 DEMPSEY
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Shanna

October 16, 2012, 09:51:12 PM #24 Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:57:28 PM by doshanahan
Toying with the idea of getting one of these. If you get to 9 I just might make myself number 10 as no point in missing out on the extra 5% ;-).

Have to discuss this with Santa, elves and probably the easter bunny as well. I was wondering when do you intend to close the book on this and pull the trigger on the purchase?

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Rossa

There is no limit on the number really. It might change the shipping but I'll find out if we get that far. I was hoping to get these before christmas so I can bottle a load and give them away but we'll see.

I also need to find out for certain if the extra y piece is needed.

CARA

Looks like i got here just in time!  ;D  (just the one though, mate pulled out)

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua
5 trombyy
6 Jacob
7 Padraic
8 DEMPSEY
9 Declan (Cara)
Upa Sesh

nigel_c

Sure why not.

1 Rossa
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 Cahalbrua
5 trombyy
6 Jacob
7 Padraic
8 DEMPSEY
9 Declan (Cara)
10 Nigel_c

Rossa

So we have ten. We can take more as ten was the minimum to get the 10% discount. I sent the vendor an email to clarify the price but it looks like it will be about €93 delivered without the 'splitter and Flare' .  I need to clarify exactly why this might be needed. It seems the splitter and Flare will be approx €7 which takes us to €100.

Rossa

This is from the blichmann site with regards to the adccessory kit:

'Accessory kit for the Beer Gun with necessary tubing and fittings. Includes a liquid ball-lock disconnect, a 5 foot length of hose for your CO2 line with 1/4" stainless flare connectors on each end, one stainless 1/4" swivel nut, and a brass 1/4" NPT X 1/4" flare adapter.'

'Also needed but not included is a T or Y adapter to split the gas line between the keg and the Beer Gun.'

This is the the picture h&g sent me of their extra splitter. Basically it will split the gas line and connect it to the accessory pack beer line that is 1/4 inch.

I think I have enough bits to cobble this together but others might not.

I am going to get a final price on this once I can get a currency conversion. I don't want to be short and go looking for more money or end up losing out myself.

http://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/public/detailv1.asp?itemcode=BEE20070084