• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 01:56:03 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Blichmann Beer Gun

Started by Rossa, October 07, 2012, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

All knowledge and experiences are valuable to us all. It's what help's to inform us. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Taf

I'm still in, but may not have the funds until Friday, due to dog being run over and car breaking down, both being expensive incidents, which have to be paid for this week. You can go ahead without me, but i will definitely have the money by Friday, and maybe sooner depending on how much the car costs to fix. Apolgies for the delay.

Ale Man

1 Rossa PAID €100 - NO splitter.
2 Richieh
3 Taf
4 trombyy
5 Padraic - (still in, waiting on pay day)
6 DEMPSEY PAID €108 With Splitter.
7.flibustjer
8. Ale Man (Paid €100 no Splitter)
9. ColinC PAID €108 With Splitter.

Ale Man

QuoteYou might use that quote at the CPF thread!  :)
Just read it, I don't really want to piss on anyones chips, I found the valve sequence aqward and slow, others may be happy to live with it. Ask the question in a few months how much use it gets, I also looked into copying the beer gun but it was too much work, easier to buy the real deal IMO

flibustjer

Padraic

2 Richieh
3 Taf (paying on Friday)
4 trombyy
5 Padraic - (payday = Friday 23rd, but might be able to pay earlier if I'm holding up the show!)
7.flibustjer (paying tuesday or Wednesday)

trombyy

i'll be making payment tomorrow afternoon.

Cahalbrua

Shane did you open the bottles you bottled with the beer gun,if so how well carbonated where they.
Cathal

Padraic

QuoteThe wit foamed a lot so it's fairly flat. The bitter is perfect!

Foamed a lot on the way into the bottle or on the way out?

How long between bottling and opening?

Cahalbrua

QuoteChill the overcarb'd beer to 1-2 deg C and beer gun - simples
Aleman have you tried this with the beer gun with good carbonation results.

Jacob

November 12, 2012, 08:18:42 PM #70 Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:24:15 AM by Jacob
QuoteI don't think a unicorn counter pressure bottler would really have done much better.
Wroooonnnggg. Just for testing purposes bottled over carbed stout. Worked like a charm.

Ale Man

I have a cheap plastic tap which I put a tube extension on, so it's like a beer gun without the gas purge, the top of the bottle can form a semi seal. It works but it's not ideal due to airs pick up. The carbonation is easy to overcome, wind up the pressure on the reg, presuming the beer is in a corny, chill the hell out of it, I found less than 2 deg good. When filling have the bottles wet and cold/cool drop the pressure to around 5psi and work away nice and quickly, leave a small head space. The super cold beer will hold the CO2 in solution, the wet glass will minimize nucleation points for break out. This will leave foam to a mimimum, you won't and don't want to eliminate it, cap on foam, if foam takes up the head space, air can't be in there.
So yes, the results can be good, once you've had a bit of practice. The beer gun will make it easy to work fast.

DEMPSEY

I think that the blichman beer gun is a useful beer bottling tool and I am buying one. It is not the same as a CP bottler in that the bottled beer is not fully seperated from any air pickup. The CP method does a better job of removing air particulary with using a pre evac method,like I put on the one that Jacob is testing. In commercial beer bottling double pre evac using a vacuum pump to suck out the co2, air mix,twice,finally filling the bottle with only co2,means the beer can have a longer shelf life.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Rossa

2 Richieh
3 Taf (paying on Friday)
4 trombyy PAID €108 with splitter.
5 Padraic - (payday = Friday 23rd, but might be able to pay earlier if I'm holding up the show!)
7.flibustjer (paying tuesday or Wednesday)

flibustjer

2 Richieh
3 Taf (paying on Friday)
4 trombyy PAID €108 with splitter.
7.flibustjer (Paid 100 no Splitter)
9. ColinC PAID €108 With Splitter.[/quote]