• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 12:10:56 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2/3 Litre Bottle post tops

Started by Ciderhead, December 29, 2012, 07:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

QuoteI guess if you brew 23 or 25 litre batches & get 19 L in a keg you'd bang the left overs into some 2 or 3 litre plastic bottles & carb them. Am I right in saying then that when you'd drank a bit of your corny you can top up with these bottles of brew? (I hope thats what there for as thats why Im buying them)

Carbing a keg takes 7-10 days carbing 2 litres just takes a couple.
Why would you bother putting it back in the keg  :-?

Ciderhead

QuoteAye but after you carb the bottle do you take off the post adapter and just put on the regular lid?

There are vids on youtube of lads carbing 2L bottles of water. Shaking the bottle upside down for about 30 seconds with the gas on also works.

Yes just replace with normal cap once its done

I wouldn't advise the shaking in the same was as I don't advocate rolling kegs to force carb

Hop Bomb

QuoteI guess if you brew 23 or 25 litre batches & get 19 L in a keg you'd bang the left overs into some 2 or 3 litre plastic bottles & carb them. Am I right in saying then that when you'd drank a bit of your corny you can top up with these bottles of brew? (I hope thats what there for as thats why Im buying them)

Would you even have to carb it in the 2L bottles? 

Id bang it in the keg so I could pull it from the tap on the kegerator. (Im new to this craic -  picking up some cornies & a c02 tank next week)
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

johnrm

To force carb leftovers?
To watch the bubbles?
We're brewers and its still Christmas...

Ciderhead

Would you even have to carb it in the 2L bottles? 

Id bang it in the keg so I could pull it from the tap on the kegerator. (Im new to this craic -  picking up some cornies & a c02 tank next week)

When you get your kegs you'll see you only get 19l in a keg, if you make a 23/25 litres you will want a home for the rest :)

DoWn2DiE

1) Ciderhead x 2
2) Tube x 2
3) ColinC x 2
4) Will_D x 2
5) johnrm x 2
6) IsMise x 2
7) Nigel_c x 2
8) rossa x 2
9) Hop Bomb x 2
10) Kursiks x 2
11) St. Fursey x 2
12) Kevco5 x 2
13) Ratsathome x 2 
14) Down2die x 2

Any update on this?

Ciderhead

January 09, 2013, 07:02:57 PM #36 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:10:16 PM by Ciderhead
Down to Die As per first page

"Ok Lets register interest first are we not all Group buy exhausted  and broke after xmas(This may not happen straight away as I may ask a US friend to bring them), Assume I can get them to you for US$15 and will close this 15th Jan, My first preference is metal ones. "

If you want them quicker please sort yourself out.

Richie71

Haven't got any cornies or gas yet but sure you have to start somewhere! Count me in.

1) Ciderhead x 2
2) Tube x 2
3) ColinC x 2
4) Will_D x 2
5) johnrm x 2
6) IsMise x 2
7) Nigel_c x 2
8) rossa x 2
9) Hop Bomb x 2
10) Kursiks x 2
11) St. Fursey x 2
12) Kevco5 x 2
13) Ratsathome x 2 
14) Down2die x 2
15) Richie71 x 2

Ciderhead

This is closed now folks and I will revert with options in the coming days on a full disclosure basis

johnrm

I had a few emails form H&G.

"Just finished talking to our supplier and we can now offer you these carbonators at £11.75 inc VAT each for 30."

Poor chap seemed to call me John John.  :P

johnrm

Taf

I got one of these off blackbrew from last time he was in the US. I used it for the first time last night. Gave it a quick blast and shake at about 12psi last night, stuck it in the fridge and another blast/shake this morning. Will see what the beer is like for the meetup this evening, and will report back.

Ciderhead

January 18, 2013, 04:48:45 PM #42 Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:49:11 PM by Ciderhead
Tilt your bottle on side it absorbs better, please report back your findings good and bad

johnrm

Did anyone else get a response?
Maybe we could push the price down a bit with haggling.