• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:06:29 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Thermapen Thermometers

Started by Endatheworld, January 09, 2015, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endatheworld

googoomuck

Ah man, you should have checked out Nisbets. That's pretty scaldy for a thermometer.

Endatheworld

Quote from: googoomuck on January 09, 2015, 06:33:15 PM
Ah man, you should have checked out Nisbets. That's pretty scaldy for a thermometer.

Thanks, I will have a look.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: googoomuck on January 09, 2015, 06:33:15 PM

http://www.nisbets.ie/Hygiplas-Easytemp-Colour-Coded-White-Thermometer/J242/ProductDetail.raction

Would this be the same?  I have a long pen style thermometer but I'm sick to me eyeteeth of it, you're all day waiting for it to give a reading are these ones instant?

Endatheworld

Says 15 secs on the site. The thermapen is 4 secs. Was one of the reasons I went for it.

jackduckworth

I got a Thermopop: it's a cheaper version of the Thermapen for about a tenner on ebay. Takes 8 seconds but I reckon I can wait that long.

NeillC

I've had a thermopen for a few years now. Bought it for cooking. They're properly calibrated and they read really quickly. There's often refurbed ones come up for sale.

armedcor

I've ordered one of those hygiplas thermometers. Looking forward to trying it out.

Ohnidog

I've got refurbished 2 thermapens at the moment, one for cooking and one for brewing. I use them almost daily and they're well worth the money in my opinion.

cruiscinlan

Where'd you get the refurbed thermapens at all?

NeillC

They sell them direct on eBay. Haven't looked in a while.

Ohnidog

Yeah the manufacturer, eti, sells the refurbished ones on ebay. Free UK postage so cheapest way to get it is through parcel motel
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Splash-Proof-Super-Fast-Thermapen-Digital-Food-Thermometer-/281571404956?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&var=&hash=item418ef6ac9c