• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 07, 2024, 06:26:05 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] The Homebrew Company

Started by The Homebrew Company, April 01, 2015, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Quote from: The Homebrew Company on December 07, 2016, 11:40:36 PM
White labs order going in tomorrow evening, last one of the year.
Shane, I know its now too late for this year but please ask Chris about the low attenuating cider yeast. They call it the Edinburgh strain for some reason (is Scotland really th ehome of cider?), but I firmly believe it was my suggestion to Chris at BrewConn that created this thread/yeast strain.

It is on their "subscription" list i.e. if enough peoples sign up for it they will grow it up!

Why FFS don't they just grow up a small batch for us?

Cheers

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

irish_goat

Quote from: Will_D on December 07, 2016, 11:50:03 PMShane, I know its now too late for this year but please ask Chris about the low attenuating cider yeast. They call it the Edinburgh strain for some reason (is Scotland really th ehome of cider?), but I firmly believe it was my suggestion to Chris at BrewConn that created this thread/yeast strain.

It is on their "subscription" list i.e. if enough peoples sign up for it they will grow it up!

Cheers

Will

I asked before and was told that they were only available in the US but hopefully a homebrew shop might have more clout. I would definitely take one anyway.

The Homebrew Company

Quote from: Will_D on December 07, 2016, 11:50:03 PM
Shane, I know its now too late for this year but please ask Chris about the low attenuating cider yeast. They call it the Edinburgh strain for some reason (is Scotland really th ehome of cider?), but I firmly believe it was my suggestion to Chris at BrewConn that created this thread/yeast strain.

Cheers

Will

Spoke with White labs today and got the following reply:

"We are still well short of starting production so it may be a while if at all."

Seems there is not the interest. We have added a request so if they do hit the numbers we are on the list and they have agreed to ship to us.

Shane

molc

Hi All,

White labs order going in tomorrow evening, last one of the year. If ye are planning for some brewing over the Christmas, get your shout in now. Plenty of kegs to be filled  ;) This months platinum strains are:

Nov/Dec

* WLP515 Antwerp Ale Yeast
* WLP920 Old Bavarian Lager Yeast

NOW AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND:

** WLP590 French Saison Ale Yeast **

Ty

Shane
Wlp051 and wlp833 please
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

The Homebrew Company

Quote from: The Homebrew Company on December 08, 2016, 07:29:38 PM
Quote from: Will_D on December 07, 2016, 11:50:03 PM

Cheers

Will

Spoke with White labs today and got the following reply:

"We are still well short of starting production so it may be a while if at all."

Seems there is not the interest. We have added a request so if they do hit the numbers we are on the list and they have agreed to ship to us.

Shane

Order has gone in with those included. Hope to have fresh yeast on Monday/ Tuesday.

Shane

Will_D

Does this mean you have ordered the cider yeast??

The Homebrew Company

Quote from: Will_D on December 09, 2016, 09:33:25 PM
Does this mean you have ordered the cider yeast??

Hi Will,

We have submitted the number we require and we are on the list but they are way short on numbers to grow it up right now. Should they hit the number, we will be notified and will get our allocation.

Shane

Will_D

I can appreciate their logic about waiting for a minimum order for specialty yeasts. They need to print the product labeling/packaging etc and market a Big batch.

However, Why not we contact them as a beta test site?
We are after all a significant band of cider makers with medals to prove it (proctored by pro cider makers)

After all they may not have used this yeast themselves in any great numbers of real world field trials.

Yes, beta testers will regrow and give the yeast away to mates but hey this is what we do anyways!

Unfortunately we probably need to wait till next autumn to test a new cider yeast - unless we use Lidl AJ

The Homebrew Company

Hi all,

White labs have landed:

Brought in a new one also:

WLP095 Burlington Ale Yeast.

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/white-labs-wlp095-burlington-ale-yeast-p-4150.html

This yeast has proven to be great in IPAs. This is a great yeast for people who like WLP001 California Ale Yeast because this yeast throws a little personality and body into your beer. Esters are higher than WLP001. This yeast has been known to result in more diacetyl so increasing the temperature at the end of fermentation is suggested.

This is our last white labs order till next year so if are brewing over Christmas we are now fully restocked with all strains.

Regards,

Shane

molc

Quote from: The Homebrew Company on December 13, 2016, 11:09:12 AM
Hi all,

White labs have landed:

Brought in a new one also:

WLP095 Burlington Ale Yeast.

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/white-labs-wlp095-burlington-ale-yeast-p-4150.html

This yeast has proven to be great in IPAs. This is a great yeast for people who like WLP001 California Ale Yeast because this yeast throws a little personality and body into your beer. Esters are higher than WLP001. This yeast has been known to result in more diacetyl so increasing the temperature at the end of fermentation is suggested.

This is our last white labs order till next year so if are brewing over Christmas we are now fully restocked with all strains.

Regards,

Shane

Nice one. Just put in my order. Nothing beats fresh yeast :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Beermonger

Hi Shane,

Are you going to be closed over Christmas?

Planning: DIPA, Kweik PA, Calibration Pale Ale
Putrifying: nothing
Pouring: Lovely Saison, Czech Lager, 1804 Porter
Past: Cashmere PA

The Homebrew Company

Quote from: Beermonger on December 14, 2016, 11:49:53 PM
Hi Shane,

Are you going to be closed over Christmas?

Christmas Operating Hours

The shop will close on Friday 23rd of December at 1pm.

We will re-open for Business Tuesday 3rd of January.

Cut off for online orders for delivery before Christmas is 1pm Thursday 22nd December. (Ireland and N. Ireland)

After that the next deliveries will be January 3rd 2017.

If your planning on brewing over Christmas, best to get your orders in early.

Regards,

Shane

The Homebrew Company

Hi Lads,

One of our more common email queries now regards the supply of CO2 for homebrewers. We don't stock it. Is there or can we get a list of regional suppliers that are friendly to the homebrewing community. Presently we are trying to source a supplier in the Mayo region for one of our customers?

Thanks,

Shane

Fal

Hi Shane, I live in mayo and spent ages trying to track some down. The best options I found were aj edge will ship a 2.5kg but its expensive. Iedepot will ship anywhere in Ireland or if you have a local welding supplier who buys from stargas they can order it for you, but you could be waiting a few weeks if it has to be part of their next shipment.
I hope this helps.
...used to be NewBier

DarraghKS

Hello Shane. We use hobbyweld from kws in Portlaoise. They have a food grade co2. There is a gas bottle rental charge on the first cylinder. Then just a refill charge each time you need a new one. They keep a decent stock. Or at least they have now since we started using them a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk