• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 09:09:56 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking about Interest in Group Buy on Kegging Systems €43 each.

Started by Shaun, April 07, 2015, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iBrau

Would the guys on jimsbeerkit have ordered from "Tomasz in Poland" ? If he can be verified then his prices should beat Candirect. I'm sure ive seen his ads on ebay too with Euro prices listed, which may be a bit more favourable.  On the other hand, Candirect will supply any other bits needed.

Put me down for 2 Cornys and 2 pairs of disconnects.

Shanna

Quote from: iBrau on April 08, 2015, 12:06:59 AM
Would the guys on jimsbeerkit have ordered from "Tomasz in Poland" ? If he can be verified then his prices should beat Candirect. I'm sure ive seen his ads on ebay too with Euro prices listed, which may be a bit more favourable.  On the other hand, Candirect will supply any other bits needed.

Put me down for 2 Cornys and 2 pairs of disconnects.
I would reserve judgement on the prices till you see the cost of the transport from Poland. His pallet size takes half the number of kegs from those from can direct. I would be asking him to give some of reduction on the unit cost also.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

johnrm

You need to make it easier on whoever is going to do the donkey work here lads. Why not form a line?

molc

Yeah from doing this the last time, I'd say:
1. Put down interest in a list
2. Once some order size is in place, price your suppliers. Watch out for transport costs, vat and other sundries when comparing.

For smaller orders, alealex has decent prices, otherwise Can Direct, while being a bit slow, give an excellent service. When they give us kegs, they have new lids, are fully cleaned and also come with a spare set of o rings and a cleaning sachet. Last time we threw in taps etc into the order and it was handy enough, as they did up all the JG fittings etc to match. Also they apply a 5-10% discount, I'll need to check that again and get back to you.

I'll send you a pm later this morning with supplier details for can direct. Later in, I can write an introductory email if you want to pursue the order with them.

As for the list.
1. Molc - 2 kegs, 1 gas in dc, 1 beer out dc, 1 stout tap (if can direct, I'll get a part number later)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Acott

I'll throw my hat in the pot! Unsure wether to get 1 or 2, do I need a distributer for 2 kegs?

1. Molc - 2 kegs, 1 gas in dc, 1 beer out dc, 1 stout tap (if can direct, I'll get a part number later)
2. Mrmeindl 2 * kegs with associated jg fittings
3. Acott - 1 Keg, 1 gas in dc, 1 beer out dc (Possibly 2)

Endatheworld

4. Endatheworld - 2 kegs, 1 gas in dc, 1 beer out dc

The Jolley brewer

Would like to take 1 keg.
5. Jolleybrewer 1 Keg

Qs

5. Jolleybrewer 1 Keg
6. Qs - 2 kegs

delzep

5. Jolleybrewer 1 Keg
6. Qs - 2 kegs
7. delzep - 2 kegs

I'm guessing this is open to full members only as usual once/if the order is finalised?

David

5. Jolleybrewer 1 Keg
6. Qs - 2 kegs
7. delzep - 2 kegs
8. David - 2 kegs

Could take another 2 if needed

Shanna

Before the list gets any bigger I think somebody (other than Molc :) should step up & agree to take ownership of this.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

johnrm

Sure the owner is always the first on the list from Dublin.

Shaun

Hi Folks
Molc was kind enough to forward the details, so I've fired off an email and asked if we can get the same or a similar deal. Once they get back to me I'll set up a doodle poll for people to put their names down if you want to get one.

Also we will then have to organise delivery etc, I'm new to the club so I'm not sure how you sorted it last time?
Shaun

Vermelho

Shanna took delivery last time and I'd say he'd love to do it again.......... :P :P

Shanna

Quote from: Vermelho on April 08, 2015, 07:07:45 PM
Shanna took delivery last time and I'd say he'd love to do it again.......... :P :P
Yes and I also organised & took delivery the time before that so respectfully I decline the generous offer. Shed is now full anyway :) Dare I say it's time to give somebody the pleasure of sorting this out.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer