• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 02:35:18 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Quote from: johnrm on June 29, 2015, 08:14:06 AM
Are you still waiting on that Kolsch yeast Greg?

Yes John i decided to put off the two rye beers until i could get the two liquid yeasts for both,i may have got sorted though. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

HomeBrewWest

July 02, 2015, 06:59:43 PM #46 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:05:44 PM by LordEoin
We are giving away a wide variety of short dated Brouwland whole grain which we won't be restocking, and also crushed grain from Brupaks. Also short dated Brupaks and Brouwland hop cones and pellets.

These are available in the shop only, as they aren't on the web site. Just come along this Saturday and pick them up. All welcome.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

googoomuck

What's the new beer? Going to pick one up tomorrow from only natural in Wexford but will wait and get one from yourselves depending on what it is.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: googoomuck on July 05, 2015, 03:37:33 PM
What's the new beer? Going to pick one up tomorrow from only natural in Wexford but will wait and get one from yourselves depending on what it is.
Its a new Red Ale, just waiting on some info from the manufacturer before we add it to the web site.

HomeBrewWest

July 17, 2015, 09:01:55 PM #50 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:05:52 PM by LordEoin
We've just received close to a hundred new products and are busy updating the web sites. Highlights are:

- new heat resistant taps and filling systems (including longer filling sticks); these are a first for Europe:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/fermenters-heaters-vinotainersbib-taps-19-c.asp

- new range of professional cappers, another first in Ireland/UK afaik,

- new dried yeast strains,

- too many to list.

Over the next week or so, when we get a chance to put them all online, have a browse around. We are heading for 4000 products now so if you haven't looked in a while . . . .

cruiscinlan

Is it possible to get spare parts for the bulldog malt mill through you?

HomeBrewWest

Sure. If we have to, we can break a mill up to get spares as long as its normal wear and tear. Which parts are you after?

I did mention somewhere in another post not to run wet grain through it; this could destroy just about any mill on the market.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 01, 2015, 01:07:05 PM
Sure. If we have to, we can break a mill up to get spares as long as its normal wear and tear. Which parts are you after?

I did mention somewhere in another post not to run wet grain through it; this could destroy just about any mill on the market.

I was the lad with the busted cog wheels alright, but I've fixed them up myself.  What I may be after is the drill attachment, as I've lost it in my sittingroom somewhere and can't for the life of me find it.

HomeBrewWest

August 11, 2015, 02:32:07 PM #54 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:01 PM by LordEoin
We are delighted to launch a new addition to The Craft Range. The Craft Range IPA is now the best selling kit in Ireland. And the Craft Range Wheat Beer is the best on the market. Try these and you will never look back. So we have added another: Craft Red Ale at way less that the usual RRP (until we supply the other stores with it).

Click on our Weekly Specials to get a limited number of these for just €19.95.

We also have Bulldog 2.9 Kg lager kits at 30% below RRP. See Weekly Specials for  these at just €19.95.

We just knocked 20% of all 3.4 Kg Godzawa beer kits. And we have discounted some surplus stock Craft Range Cider kits by 30%. See Craft Range Cider Kits. This is a wonderful opportunity to get these commercial quality cider kits at great prices.

And here's another gem: Craft Range 56 cm Easy Flow Auto Siphon, Bottling Version With Clamp and Tap SPECIAL. Its a discounted auto syphon with a clamp to secure it to a bucket, and a tap so that you can use it for bottling beer or wine.

Click our Weekly Specials for up to date special offers:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/this-weeks-specials-386-c.asp

Speidel microbrewery courses: next one is running on Saturday 26th September and is expected to be fully booked shortly.

We've added dozens of new products including the FastFermenter, and we've also added all the extra bits like stands, thermometers and extra collection balls to collect the yeast from the FastFerment. Collect and keep yeast in one ball, use the other one for your next brew.

New hops too, including Simcoe which we paid through the nose for so its not cheap.

ronanp

Got the craft range red ale delivered today. I get that the box is a standard box and hasn't been updated apart from a sticker saying red ale and giving the EBU and EBC ranges, nice touch that. But the printed instructions could be updated at no cost. As it is they give no instructions for the red ale. Just the 3kg pouch and the yeast.

HomeBrewWest

The instructions are generic, and apply to all the beer kits. Let me know if they are confusing and I'll see if we can improve. Only variation from the IPA, citra pale ale etc, is that the red ale (and the wheat beer) don't have dry hop additions but this should be dealt with in the instructions.

HomeBrewWest

August 18, 2015, 10:19:39 PM #57 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:07 PM by LordEoin
Lots of new products just added, in particular a new range of professional wine yeasts for which we have been appointed distribution agents in Ireland:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/vintners-harvest-professional-wine-yeasts-411-c.asp

We've also added some new Still Spirits turbo yeasts, carbons etc:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/still-spirits-high-alcohol-yeasts-clearing-agents-and-carbons-431-c.asp

Lots of other products back in stock from Brouwland, Mangrove Jacks etc.

HomeBrewWest

August 21, 2015, 06:03:08 PM #58 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:13 PM by LordEoin
PurePitch liquid yeasts have arrived, I think we are the first. See here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/liquid-beer-yeast-403-c.asp

Also, all of our White Labs yeasts have been replenished today which makes ALL OF THEM the freshest available anywhere (they only left the US 48 hours ago, and were in our fridges this morning about 40 hours later).

We've also totally revamped our hops and grains; all hops now show crop year and exact alphas. Speciality grains are available whole in 500g bags, base malts by the kilo; both can be crushed JUST BEFORE SHIPPING at no additional cost. See:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/hops-395-c.asp
and
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/grain--malt-423-c.asp

Viking and BestMalz grains are both on the way and will be here 1st week in September.

molc

New website is looking excellent. If you keep the stock levels updated your quaranteed increased sales from the improvements.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter