• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 09:33:10 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krockett

Any update on when we can expect the V2 delivery? Would be good to get it by the weekend.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: kroc on October 12, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
Any update on when we can expect the V2 delivery? Would be good to get it by the weekend.
They arrived today and will ship tomorrow for weekend delivery.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

cruiscinlan

Any word on when malts will be back in stock?

TonyC

I have the v1 and was looking to get this. Haven't heard from anyone

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

HomeBrewWest

Malt will be in Ireland by the weekend according to our carriers.

Bulldog V2s just arrived this afternoon. So we will ship them tomorrow, we can't work any faster than that. We are keeping parts aside in case we need them for support. In Ireland, we will try to keep enough parts etc. to support all the stores we engage with.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

October 14, 2016, 10:10:28 AM #455 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:30:44 AM by HomeBrewWest
Running low on Bulldog Brewers because of the new shop opening in Dublin on Saturday: if they all sell on the day then we will be out of of them. If we do run out, you can still pre-book the November units and save a bit by helping us to pre-order them.

We are keeping units aside so that we can offer first rate after sales service; however we can only support those sold by the shops we supply; its expensive to do this so it would be unreasonable to expect us to incur support costs for UK / European stores.

I see some comments on the SS wort chiller . . .  is it as effective as a copper chiller? In our experience: yes, because the wall of the tubing is much thinner than typical copper tubing. Its also more inert so it won't interfere with your beer. 

Anyone got a digital callipers? Be great to get the numbers on the different chillers so that we could work out the thermal conductivity of the wall.

SkiBeagle

12.3mm outside diameter, 0.55mm wall thickness, and I'd guess about 5 metres long.
Not sure if it matters all that much once it's long enough for the cooling water to equalise with the wort.
One thing that might help is to turbulate the cooling water inside the ss tube. Some kind of spiral inserted into the tube to get the cooling water to move from laminar to turbulent flow. Makes a big difference in terms of efficiency. Think of the patterns on a plate chiller.

Damofto

Did the mash plates for the V1 owners come in yet, says out of stock on the website?
Thanks.

Sorcerers Apprentice

Quote from: SkiBeagle on October 14, 2016, 10:46:39 AM
12.3mm outside diameter, 0.55mm wall thickness, and I'd guess about 5 metres long.
Not sure if it matters all that much once it's long enough for the cooling water to equalise with the wort.
One thing that might help is to turbulate the cooling water inside the ss tube. Some kind of spiral inserted into the tube to get the cooling water to move from laminar to turbulent flow. Makes a big difference in terms of efficiency. Think of the patterns on a plate chiller.
Putting anything inside will only slow the flow down. For turbulent flow you'll need a reynolds number above 4000 , someone else has done the figures already on another forum
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1594766
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

SkiBeagle

That's a great post. Good to know we don't have to do anything to get turbulent flow. Thanks SA!

TonyC

Quote from: Damofto on October 14, 2016, 11:09:35 AM
Did the mash plates for the V1 owners come in yet, says out of stock on the website?
Thanks.
Wondering this myself.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

HomeBrewWest

Not yet. No idea when we will get them, hopefully before Christmas.

Fal

Hey Brian, the bulldog brewer arrived yesterday thanks to your team for getting them out to us. Going to give it a go later on today.
One thing I do think might help on future releases is if the tube from the tap to the pump was a bit longer it would make it easier to rest the pump on a table or counter top without the possibility of crimping the tube a bit, but it only minor.
...used to be NewBier

Leann ull

Some kind of 90 degree connection would sort that out easy enough or a longer thicker walled silicone pipe straight onto the tap without the need for the disconnect.
As that's the feed you want to make sure that's full bore for the pump all the time.

Fal

Good idea on the 90 degree connection. I'll look for one today.
...used to be NewBier