• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:56:51 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronniedeb

August 21, 2015, 11:10:03 PM #60 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:19 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 21, 2015, 06:03:08 PM
PurePitch liquid yeasts have arrived, I think we are the first. See here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/liquid-beer-yeast-403-c.asp

Also, all of our White Labs yeasts have been replenished today which makes ALL OF THEM the freshest available anywhere (they only left the US 48 hours ago, and were in our fridges this morning about 40 hours later).

Is it just the three yeasts you have in the pure pitch form? Will they all become available later? I need some WLP007, WLP005 and WLP029. Neither seems to be available in Pure Pitch on the website. Thanks

HomeBrewWest

As White Labs release them. Some vials already history.

All of their yeasts will be PurePitch soon, so if you want vials . . .
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

August 22, 2015, 05:29:09 AM #62 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:24 PM by LordEoin
By the way, Bulldog hops are about more than just alphas. These nitrogen flushed hops contribute to lots of other magic, including head retention. Descriptions contain:
- precise Alpha acid,
- approx Beta acid range, and
- approx Co-humulone range.

As Bulldog international agents, we do have priority access to them. But they are getting harder to find, particularly popular US hops. This is true of all hops so plan ahead!
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

armedcor

My only problem with the bulldogs is the three different bags I've gotta where all smashed to dust. Hard to weigh additions out.

HomeBrewWest

Never heard of that happening before. PM me an order number and I'll get them replaced.

armedcor

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 22, 2015, 02:58:32 PM
Never heard of that happening before. PM me an order number and I'll get them replaced.

No worries! It was a while back when you started carrying them. I'm sure it's improved!

bachus

HomeBrewWest - Maximum trolling, 10/10. Delivered to the company address.     >:D
Dominik (bachus)

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: bachus on September 01, 2015, 10:22:39 AM
HomeBrewWest - Maximum trolling, 10/10. Delivered to the company address.     >:D
Jeez, guess the packers don't look at the boxes! We get them from all over, mostly supermarkets.

Well, I'll show them this post for sure! And ask them not to use those particular boxes again. Must have scared the bejesus out of the receptionist who signed for it.

The is a plus with this particular packaging though:  instructs couriers to avoid extremes of heat, light etc. As if the couriers would actually take it into account! Mind you, if they thought there really were live insects in the box . . . .

bachus

x3 demijohns and no scratches, so very good packaging! I told to lads that I ordered some ingredients that I need to make a delicious traditional Polish meal known as a "crickets in aspic".   :P
Dominik (bachus)

RobShamrock

Any news when the 500ml Amber swing top bottles might be back in stock have a christmas brew on I want to bottle into swing tops

HomeBrewWest

Will be a couple of weeks I'm afraid.

RobShamrock

Ta be two weeks before ready. I better get sipping to get some empties here

HomeBrewWest

September 17, 2015, 01:18:13 AM #72 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:06:34 PM by LordEoin
We'd like to get you guys brewing with Viking and BestMalz base malts. We know you will never look back if you try them out.

There are 18 NHC Brewing Communities, so we are giving away 18 by 25 Kg sacks of base malts. Just stick your name down here, with your preferred base malt. Choices are:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/viking-2-row-pilsner-malt-28-to-45-ebc-25-kg-5558-p.asp
and
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/best-pale-ale-malt-50-to-70-ebc-25-kg-5604-p.asp

9 sacks of each. So when one type is gone . . .  All we ask is that you place an order with us in order to help with the shipping costs.

Leann ull

September 17, 2015, 08:52:54 AM #73 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:08:50 AM by CH
Brian thank you for your kind offer
Ok folks HOLD EVERYTHING for a minutethis needs to go to a specific club not an Individual so please line yourselves up into your respective clubs and share the malt.
This should also be a members only offer so please make sure you are up to date!

Club reps please put your names down and your club and split each bag into 5 or whatever

If you have only 1 in your club please share with other clubs where there is an oversubscription, i.e. capital will be over subscribed

That way in theory this will generate 90 portions and the maximum benefit will be gained by all members and also there will be the best for comparison over a much bigger field of results

For this to work we want each recipient to post their OG and mash efficiency v's what they normally see, this is imperative if you are getting free grain and one or two words against your name on the list.

If you are not is a position to do this in the next 6 months please don't accept grain from your rep

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Quote from: CH on September 17, 2015, 08:52:54 AM
Brian thank you for your kind offer
Ok folks HOLD EVERYTHING for a minutethis needs to go to a specific club not an Individual so please line yourselves up into your respective clubs and share the malt.
This should also be a members only offer so please make sure you are up to date!

I foresee an Oliver Twist scenario when the Midlands brewers come begging for their malt  ;)
Please sir, can I have some more?

Unlike Oliver Twist, I will gladly be dishing it out.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer