• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 03, 2024, 01:51:59 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SprocketFuel

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on July 18, 2017, 01:39:33 PM
Bulldog Brewer V1 Upgrade to V2

There is also a controller upgrade, but we can't sell it for legal reasons as it involves rewiring the internals and we can't encourage consumers to do that for safety reasons. But the original controller is every bit as good in our opinion, and probably easier to use.

Is the new controller being shipped fitted to the V2 on new orders?

HomeBrewWest

Yes, the V2 has the most recent controller. Its confusing because some UK shops are calling it the V3, it doesn't exist. The most recent version is the V2.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

SprocketFuel

Just wanna say thanks for the phone call yesterday for the adjustment to the order and loving he next day delivery.
My Bulldog Brewer arrived today, impressed with the packing squeezing everything in the one box

nigel_c

Can't decide if this post is being sarcastic or not.  :D

SprocketFuel

Quote from: nigel_c on July 28, 2017, 09:40:11 PM
Can't decide if this post is being sarcastic or not.  :D
100% not, there was a slight issue with my order, a quick phone call from them resolved it, then got a bulldog brewer, grain kit and other bits all in one box in perfect condition

nigel_c

HomeBrewWest

August 01, 2017, 03:33:25 PM #696 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:29:21 PM by HomeBrewWest
New HomeBrewWest.ie Website
We've radically overhauled our website:
homebrew west
just the desktop today, with a new mobile version to follow shortly.

Its a major update but we think its easier to use. Please let us know what you think, especially if these are any issues.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

August 05, 2017, 06:47:07 PM #697 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:29:06 AM by HomeBrewWest
Turbo Yeast
Not sure how many on here use these. There have been lots of developments in the past year with new ranges of turbo yeasts and also new finings and activated carbon. We are the distributors for the market leaders here (Alcotec) and Ireland now has some of the best pricing in Europe for many of these items. The most popular turbo yeast by far is still: Alcotec 48 Dual Turbo and we have a special on the 24 hour version (good until Feb 18); we got too many of them and are knocking more than 40% off until stocks reduce: Alcotec 24 Turbo Yeast.

kegging

Sorry but whoever re-designed that website shouldn't be getting paid.

HomeBrewWest

Mobile version not done yet, couple of weeks away. Are you talking about the desktop version? All other comments so far say it's a massive improvement. What do you find bad about it? Comments and advise really appreciated. Thanks.

molc

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 08, 2017, 09:10:27 PM
Mobile version not done yet, couple of weeks away. Are you talking about the desktop version? All other comments so far say it's a massive improvement. What do you find bad about it? Comments and advise really appreciated. Thanks.

Included a screenshot of just a basic search on Chrome. Also the top menus are quite confusing. Trying finding hops, yeast or grain quickly through their is fairly convoluted.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

kegging

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 08, 2017, 09:10:27 PM

Yeah the desktop, the drop down menus are terrible. The fonts used spoil the design, they are too busy and don't need an explanation underneath

Just look at geterbrewed site and how their drop downs are clear.

HomeBrewWest

Thanks kegging, I'll tone down the descriptions. I think some info may be helpful for beginners. I guess the drop down menus are busy because we have about 4000 products, it's tricky. We also reduced the number of categories to make the main menu less busy, but it means more stuff is now in the sub menus. Not easy, wrecking my head! Again thanks for the comments.

cruiscinlan

Molc and kegging are spot on, the menu design needs to be a lot simpler.  Also for the grains and yeasts there's a lot out of stock, and sometimes the same product listed with the same weight and different prices.   GEB probably have the best website of any of the online shops (with possible exception of the malt miller).

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: cruiscinlan on August 09, 2017, 12:47:33 PM
Molc and kegging are spot on, the menu design needs to be a lot simpler.  Also for the grains and yeasts there's a lot out of stock, and sometimes the same product listed with the same weight and different prices.   GEB probably have the best website of any of the online shops (with possible exception of the malt miller).
Thanks for that. Any ideas on how to simplify the menus? Bear in mind the number of products. Which products have same weight and different prices. One again, thanks for helping us out here.