• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 09:00:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Chuggers

Started by nigel_c, May 14, 2015, 01:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel_c

There was a lot of talk at the AGM last weekend about how great the last group buy of chuggers turned out and how they made the nice profit for the club. I've a brew on at the moment and honestly I do not know how i managed before having it.
How would people feel about a second group buy of chuggers? After the last buy I'm sure the suppliers would be delighted to deal with us again. I have one and would jump at the chance to get another for when i next upgrade my system.

GlasbrewInc

Hey Nigel,
I'd be interested if group buy happens.

armedcor

Quote from: mrmeindl on May 14, 2015, 01:45:08 PM
I'm new to the club so I'm not 100% sure of how the group buys operate - but why does the club need to make a profit/take a cut?

To run things like brewcon I'd imagine.

Also I'd definitely be interested.

irish_goat

Quote from: armedcor on May 14, 2015, 01:50:31 PMI'm new to the club so I'm not 100% sure of how the group buys operate - but why does the club need to make a profit/take a cut?
To run things like brewcon I'd imagine.

One of the many reasons. We're a not-for-profit club but things like the competition and the conference cost a lot of money and whilst there is money recouped from the entry fees/ticket sales, bills normally need paid before this happens. In terms of group buys, it's also good to have a bit of extra money available incase the club is hit with customs fees, or a participant doesn't fulfill payment. On top of that, there's the general running costs of the club including the website, stationery, membership cards, postage etc. The full accounts were presented by the treasurer at the AGM last weekend and will be available with the minutes in due course.  :)

Back on topic, what price were the chuggers coming in at last time again?

nigel_c

Around the 120 mark if i remember correctly.

molc

Just when I bought a solar pump and all. Still, colour me interested, depending on price. Also, interested in where to get fitting and silicon tubing for all of these things.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

imark

I'm in the same boat as Nigel. Bought one pump and wish I'd bought two. If this goes ahead I'd be interested in picking up a second too.

DEMPSEY

Last time each chugger was €125 each and we landed 24. In time honoured tradition start a wish list. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

pob

Contact Damo for your silicone needs.

He's your only man.

nigel_c

1. Nigel_c
2. GlasBrewInc
3. armedcor
4. molc
5. imark

Simon_

How would this pump compare to a Chugger?

Pheeel

Issues with your membership? PM me!

nigel_c

That's the one I got.
There was a choice of inline or fed from the center.

brian_c

1. Nigel_c
2. GlasBrewInc
3. armedcor
4. molc
5. imark
6. Pheeel
7. brian_c

Shanna

I'm new to the club so I'm not 100% sure of how the group buys operate - but why does the club need to make a profit/take a cut?
Group buys have traditionally used the club bank account as a single source to collect funds for the group buy and also to pay supplier. The club bank is in effect a business bank account and each transaction executed costs money and so this also needs to be covered off.

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member