• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:34:47 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Setting Up A Small Brewery 1 Day Courses

Started by leahyed, May 19, 2015, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leahyed

Anybody interested in attending a one day course on Setting up a Small Brewery being run by Home Brew West? See link
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/setting-up-a-small-brewery-1-day-courses-387-c.asp  This course is being run on three dates in June, July and August. The cost is €200/person. However, this reduces to €150/person for a group of five. If anybody is interested please add your name to the list below and indicate preferred date. If a group of five (or more) is interested we can all save €50 each! Details can be finalised later.

1   leahyed (prefer Tue. 30th June)   

Enno

There was one on in July too, no? Any feedback on what the course was like last month??

leahyed

There are two further courses. One on 28th July and one on 25th August. I have not heard any feedback on the June Course. I would be very interested if anybody has any!!

I am interested in attending one of these courses, but only at €150 as part of a group of five. If anybody is interested in attending, please add to the list below. Surely, there are five people interested in this course???

1.   leahyed 

Leann ull

What could they possibly teach us? :P
Normally I'd say promotion or facilitation of a commercial activity like this where the club doesn't directly benefit is probably on the edge but since you are a member and paying for the electrons go for it.
Genuine question time now what would you like to learn or know?, I see from one of your other posts you are trying to set up a brewery? 
Thats not a prompt to the facilitator for a free plug which would be unwelcomed but trying to see what folks expectations are for €150, ok I'm thinking Brewcon BJCP Sensory Training etc and any other paid educational activities that could be semi pro being run by the NHC?

Damien M

This 1 day intro is primarily about setting up a mico-brewery in a pub. It gives insight into the legislation and regulation and licencing  from a brew pub perspective. There is probably a lot of good info as it is presented by a Publican that has gone through the whole process and is now Brewing on site, but perhaps not particularly brewing focused.

Having said that Commercial brewing is 90 % cleaning, 9 % regulation 1 % brewing  ???   

St. Fursey

Quote from: Damien M on July 09, 2015, 12:45:44 PM
This 1 day intro is primarily about setting up a mico-brewery in a pub. It gives insight into the legislation and regulation and licencing  from a brew pub perspective. There is probably a lot of good info as it is presented by a Publican that has gone through the whole process and is now Brewing on site, but perhaps not particularly brewing focused.

Having said that Commercial brewing is 90 % cleaning, 9 % regulation 1 % brewing  ???
Waay less than 1% brewing!

Hop Bomb

Are ye high lads?  8) 9 hour brew day has about 90 mins clean up in it & cips are also 90 mins which are done while brewing. Surely bottling by hand followed closely by paper work is the real time drain? Invoices, returns, stock in & out, deliveries. Thankfully Ive nothing to do with that (yet).

On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.