• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:43:58 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin collaborative brewday

Started by Shanna, April 30, 2016, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Quote from: molc on June 03, 2016, 08:42:11 AM
Right now I have cal common, amber, schwarzbier, sweet stout, Vienna lager and dry stout. Shout if people want any and how much and I can bottle from the keg tomorrow.

Interested I'm those barrel aged aged beers myself - nectar of the gods!
Would be interested in some of the cal common and schwarzbier if you would not mind bring some over.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Quote from: Shanna on June 03, 2016, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: molc on June 03, 2016, 08:42:11 AM
Right now I have cal common, amber, schwarzbier, sweet stout, Vienna lager and dry stout. Shout if people want any and how much and I can bottle from the keg tomorrow.

Interested I'm those barrel aged aged beers myself - nectar of the gods!
Would be interested in some of the cal common and schwarzbier if you would not mind bring some over.

Shanna

Cool, I'll bottle 2 of each!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

CC

Lads I'd be interested in all those beers mentioned!!

Molc i'd love to try your Vienna lager and schwarzbier..
Shanna all those barrel aged beers sound great..

I can bring along an export stout, and a couple of beers from my latest trials with Burton Trent yeast...I've no idea what to call them.. One is amber, one is blonde. Both taste better poured with yeast in...the amber is similar (but more hoppy) to Worthingtons white shield... I've never tasted anything like the blonde- lots of fruity esters like a  weissbier, light and refreshing. Any ways let's see what you think!!

Is there anything other than beer that I can bring along Shanna??

Shanna

Quote from: CC on June 03, 2016, 09:31:09 PM
Lads I'd be interested in all those beers mentioned!!

Molc i'd love to try your Vienna lager and schwarzbier..
Shanna all those barrel aged beers sound great..

I can bring along an export stout, and a couple of beers from my latest trials with Burton Trent yeast...I've no idea what to call them.. One is amber, one is blonde. Both taste better poured with yeast in...the amber is similar (but more hoppy) to Worthingtons white shield... I've never tasted anything like the blonde- lots of fruity esters like a  weissbier, light and refreshing. Any ways let's see what you think!!

Is there anything other than beer that I can bring along Shanna??
If your a dab hand at any signature dish food wise then bring it along. If not then no hassle. Interest in the brewing is a good starting point.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

molc

Quote from: CC on June 03, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Yeah would love to try the amber and blonde - Did you use the White Shield yeast?

CC

Yeah it's the WL0023 that I used which is worthington's yeast I believe... It's not my favourite beer in the world (it's not even my favourite English ale/IPA)...
And having brewed with the yeast I now realise it's the dominant flavour in White Shield!!

I'll bring em along snd see what you think

Shanna in my 30yrs on this planet I've yet to acquire what might be even vaguely called a signature dish!!
So in the safety interests of your guests I'm better off avoiding food prep!!

Shanna

Yes I just reread that & realised I might have been a tad refreshed when I wrote it :) Never know though as a lot of brewers make curry or chilly or even bread. At any rate see you tomorrow.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

molc

Ooh bread - I might sneak on a foccicia or olive bread tonight if I have time.

Lurchalicious

Great craic shanna, thanks again for hosting!  And big thanks to your significant other for the endless flow of food.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

molc

Amazing day. I think I'm still digesting
Beer has started fermenting so hopefully we'll have some results by the next meet if we're lucky :)

Shanna

Quote from: molc on June 06, 2016, 06:29:56 PM
Amazing day. I think I'm still digesting
Beer has started fermenting so hopefully we'll have some results by the next meet if we're lucky :)
Good to be able to avail of good weather, barbeque & time spent with good friends. Bit tricky for me with the trip out of country coming up & holidays soon afterwards. Think mine might have to wait till July meet.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

molc

So just kegged mine there after the dry hopping. It's slightly thin, missing the og will do that, but at 1.008 it's incredibly quaffable. Loads of citrus, lemon and grapefruit and dry enough that you just want to drink it again.

It's a little cloudy from the wheat and dry hop. Will be interesting to see how it clears.

I'll bring a bottle to the next meet.

Shanna

Quote from: molc on June 19, 2016, 01:21:04 PM
So just kegged mine there after the dry hopping. It's slightly thin, missing the og will do that, but at 1.008 it's incredibly quaffable. Loads of citrus, lemon and grapefruit and dry enough that you just want to drink it again.

It's a little cloudy from the wheat and dry hop. Will be interesting to see how it clears.

I'll bring a bottle to the next meet.
Bottled mine thus evening after getting back to Ireland last weekend. Fg was 1.010 & mine is also lacking in body. Strong citrus aroma off it. Bottle conditioning so it will be interesting to see how they stack up. Off on holidays for two weeks on Friday so should be carbed by the time I return.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer