• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:03:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Spare Yeast?

Started by craiclad, August 04, 2016, 06:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: CH on August 04, 2016, 08:35:02 PM
Guys ffs you can't brew beer in a week  :D :D :D :D :D :P

+1

I doubt even the macro boys are are going from grain to glass in a week, and think of the equipment and processes those guys have available to them.

Bazza

Quote from: Bubbles on August 05, 2016, 01:24:53 PM

+1

I doubt even the macro boys are are going from grain to glass in a week, and think of the equipment and processes those guys have available to them.

Agreed, but I think craiclad is fully aware that this is more of a damage limitation process than a brewing masterclass  :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

garciaBernal

Could brew a nice Bia Hoi in one week with force carbing. Not that bia hoi is in anyway nice!  :P http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/grouplog/discussion/11698
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

craiclad

Quote from: Bazza on August 05, 2016, 01:42:12 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on August 05, 2016, 01:24:53 PM

+1

Agreed, but I think craiclad is fully aware that this is more of a damage limitation process than a brewing masterclass  :)

-Barry

Spot on, not trying to win any awards with this one.

To those saying that this is an impossible feat, I really feel as if you are underestimating the accelerative effects of proper temperature control and healthy yeast/oxygenation (http://brulosophy.com/methods/fermentation-schedules/). Proof is in the pudding though, so we'll see whether this frankenbier pans out.

Brew day has been a bit of a disaster, couldn't get a proper boil going for some reason, and then forgot to add the whirfloc... Looks like mud at the moment.

Leann ull

I don't want you thinking it can't be done its just not going to be your best work.

Will_D

Brú can and do do it!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

johnrm

Could someone give you a recently completed batch? You cover their costs?

Leann ull

Quote from: Will_D on August 06, 2016, 10:05:24 AM
Brú can and do do it!

I remember my very first sexual experience, neither of us knew what we were doing and it wasn't great tbh but not under pressure and with practice....  :-\ :D

Simon_

Quote from: garciaBernal on August 05, 2016, 02:23:06 PM
Could brew a nice Bia Hoi in one week with force carbing. Not that bia hoi is in anyway nice!  :P http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/grouplog/discussion/11698
had great fun drinking in 'nam. Wonder if I've ever had one 

Bubbles

Oops, wrong forum! Sorry folks... (backs out the door..)

Leann ull

Ok so its Tuesday, gelatin applied yet? ;)

nigel_c

Keg with a point or 2 to go to get a head start on carbonating.

craiclad

Quote from: CH on August 09, 2016, 04:51:36 PM
Ok so its Tuesday, gelatin applied yet? ;)

Krausen has come and gone, ramping up the temp to help the yeast finish out. I have my doubts about having used WLP029 for this, but sure it's an experiment after all.

Drum

Love the name 'Boy Racer' very apt  ;D   

Like CH said, get some gelatin in there soon and cold crash as fast as you can.

hope this works out for you Craiclad, I like a bit of disregard for the rules now and again  >:D