• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 03:40:58 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Spare Yeast?

Started by craiclad, August 04, 2016, 06:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craiclad

Here's the final product. It's not bad for a weeks work but I have to admit that WLP029 was the wrong yeast to use for this type of thing.

Will definitely be repeating this experiment, but I'm going to make sure I have a more aggressive English or American strain on hand.

Leann ull

looks ok she finished out? whats the abv? how did you carb in the end, I'll bet in 2 weeks she will be amazing ;D

Shanna

Quote from: craiclad on August 12, 2016, 02:56:29 PM
Here's the final product. It's not bad for a weeks work but I have to admit that WLP029 was the wrong yeast to use for this type of thing.

Will definitely be repeating this experiment, but I'm going to make sure I have a more aggressive English or American strain on hand.
Not bad for a week but it looks like there is loads of yeast in suspension still. With a bit of luck it will clear over the next day or two.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

craiclad

Quote from: CH on August 12, 2016, 03:18:39 PM
looks ok she finished out? whats the abv? how did you carb in the end, I'll bet in 2 weeks she will be amazing ;D

ABV is 4.2%, I carbed by putting the beer on gas at 40PSI for 30 hours. I'll be surprised if she lasts two days, but we'll see!

Quote from: Shanna on August 12, 2016, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: craiclad on August 12, 2016, 02:56:29 PM

Not bad for a week but it looks like there is loads of yeast in suspension still. With a bit of luck it will clear over the next day or two.

Shanna

There is a lot of yeast in suspension, and I also forgot to add my whirfloc... The wort looked like mud going into the fermenter and not much different coming out. The head retention isn't bad, but I really wish I could get rid of that sulphur edge to the aroma. Thanks for offering up your disconnects Shanna, but my gas ones are clamped on to my regulator so would be more trouble than its worth trying to rip them off and reconnect them.