• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 03:09:51 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 29th September

Started by Bubbles, September 18, 2016, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Mightn't me much of a wedding night if you're horsing the Big Bangin IPA into you all day!  :D

Shanna

Quote from: RedWino on September 20, 2016, 09:04:01 PM
1. Molc - American amber, maybe my first saison
2. Shanna - bottle conditioned Belgian Saison dry hopped with dried elder flower and bottle filled from Boddingtons clone. Both beers created from base beer but fermented with Mangrove Jacks English ale yeast and the other with Belgian Saison yeast.
3. Steve - Pliny the Elder Double IPA Clone
4. RedWino - Empty handed probably - last batch had a plethora of errors
Redwino bring it along anyway as it's educational for all who will attend. You will get some tips also on how to avoid them.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Remembered I still have my dipa. :)

1. Molc - American amber, Dipa, maybe my first saison
2. Shanna - bottle conditioned Belgian Saison dry hopped with dried elder flower and bottle filled from Boddingtons clone. Both beers created from base beer but fermented with Mangrove Jacks English ale yeast and the other with Belgian Saison yeast.

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

guest1906

Quote from: CC on September 19, 2016, 06:29:19 PM
lads i won't make it this month... good excuse this time- i'm getting married on friday! :) :)

Congratulations to you, as a newbie don't know you that well, but is it a bride or groom your marrying?

guest1906

I may have a third cider to bring along as I'll be bottling my third batch some time over the weekend

Shanna

Quote from: JamMan on September 22, 2016, 10:06:37 AM
I may have a third cider to bring along as I'll be bottling my third batch some time over the weekend
Suspect that would be way too young to drink, unless your artificially carbonating it? If your attending would you update the list please?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

CC

[/quote]

Congratulations to you, as a newbie don't know you that well, but is it a bride or groom your marrying?
[/quote]

??????????????? as a yes voter i think that's a redundant question....

guest1906

Quote from: Shanna on September 22, 2016, 12:40:03 PM

Suspect that would be way too young to drink, unless your artificially carbonating it? If your attending would you update the list please?

Shanna

What list are you referring to? And cider naturally carbonates itself.

molc

Quote from: JamMan on September 22, 2016, 11:37:06 PM
Quote from: Shanna on September 22, 2016, 12:40:03 PM

Shanna

What list are you referring to? And cider naturally carbonates itself.
We put our names on the list of attendees, along with what we're bringing. Let's everyone plan how much to bring.

While it naturally carbs, that takes a few weeks, not that cider needs to be carbed. Also our ciders usually take a year at least before we start to think they're in a suitable condition to drink.

guest1906

We put our names on the list of attendees, along with what we're bringing. Let's everyone plan how much to bring.

While it naturally carbs, that takes a few weeks, not that cider needs to be carbed. Also our ciders usually take a year at least before we start to think they're in a suitable condition to drink.
[/quote]

Thanks Molc

Finally someone that has given the info that I needed to hear, I've only attended two meets and still getting use to this. I'm assuming it the yeast names your looking for, the berry I used Safcider which came out at 5.8% and apple had no brand name name on it, which came out at 2.3%

molc

Quote from: JamMan on September 23, 2016, 09:12:05 AM
I'm assuming it the yeast names your looking for

No, just to put your attendance on this list, along with what you are bringing:

guest1906

Is this thread the attendance list or do I have go to a different page to do that?

As for the cider I'm bottling this weekend you'll get to sample that next month when it has carbonated itself.

pob

Quote from: JamMan on September 23, 2016, 08:24:33 PM
Is this thread the attendance list Yes
Quote from: JamMan on September 23, 2016, 08:24:33 PMor do I have go to a different page to do that? No
Quote from: JamMan on September 23, 2016, 08:24:33 PMAs for the cider I'm bottling this weekend you'll get to sample that next month when it has carbonated itself.
So,
5. JamMan - cider

pob

Unlike beer which is usually ready to drink once carbonated (but will usually benefit from a week or twos conditioning), cider does really need time to develop. Stick on a few more batches & put these recent ones aside for 3-6-9 months for it to mature while you build up your cache of bottles.

A lot of last year's group buy crop is only being drunk up now.

Yes, you can drink it once it's fermentated but you're doing it no justice, give it time.

molc

Yeah I put 5L aside from last year's group buy and tapped it in July. Just starting to come good now and I have another keg of it to enjoy over the next year. Takes ages for good cider to mellow and develop.