• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:29:44 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 29th September

Started by Bubbles, September 18, 2016, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurchalicious

1. Molc - American amber, Dipa, maybe my first saison
2. Shanna - bottle conditioned Belgian Saison dry hopped with dried elder flower and bottle filled from Boddingtons clone. Both beers created from base beer but fermented with Mangrove Jacks English ale yeast and the other with Belgian Saison yeast.
3. Steve - Pliny the Elder Double IPA Clone
4. RedWino - Empty handed probably - last batch had a plethora of errors
5. JamMan - cider
6. Lurchalicious - DIPA? got a few bottles laying around that i've brought before - havent brewed in a while

bizarro

Lads I've fairly recently moved back to Dublin and might come along if you'll have me? Got a couple of things I could bring, a wheat pale ale and an English brown ale

molc

Quote from: bizarro on September 27, 2016, 09:33:25 AM
Lads I've fairly recently moved back to Dublin and might come along if you'll have me? Got a couple of things I could bring, a wheat pale ale and an English brown ale
The more the merrier!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

guest1906

hi guys

I was rummaging through boxes and came across a couple of bottles of apple wine I made back in 2014 would you guys like to try?

Shanna

Quote from: JamMan on September 27, 2016, 09:47:31 AM
hi guys

I was rummaging through boxes and came across a couple of bottles of apple wine I made back in 2014 would you guys like to try?
If it's alcoholic & not vinegar (that's my speciality) bring it along.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Quote from: bizarro on September 27, 2016, 09:33:25 AM
Absolutely only ask is that you update the list with your name & ur beers. Will see you on Thursday.

Shannna
Hops Group buy packer

guest1906

2. Shanna - bottle conditioned Belgian Saison dry hopped with dried elder flower and bottle filled from Boddingtons clone. Both beers created from base beer but fermented with Mangrove Jacks English ale yeast and the other with Belgian Saison yeast.
4. RedWino - Empty handed probably - last batch had a plethora of errors
5. JamMan - cider, apple/pear wine
6. Lurchalicious - DIPA? got a few bottles laying around that i've brought before - havent brewed in a while

guest1906

The Apple and Pear wine taste great but unfortunately it's non alcoholic, I'll bring it along if you guy's do want to try it by default.

molc

Quote from: JamMan on September 29, 2016, 10:12:13 AM
The Apple and Pear wine taste great but unfortunately it's non alcoholic, I'll bring it along if you guy's do want to try it by default.
Anything that's drinkable we'll try and give feedback. One of the guys brought a light ginger beer a few months ago and it was amazing.

Jams, chutneys etc are best at a different event, as we don't have permission to bring our own foods to the meets.

Looking like a lovely mix of beers/ciders/ wines for the meet - guessing it's a two bottle job each now and we're at about 8. Don't ask me for intelligent feedback tonight though - have a headcold and all I can taste is bitter it seems :/
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

RedWino

4. RedWino - SMaSH with a couple issues

bachus

No way for me today  >:(  See you next month. Have a good fun!
Dominik (bachus)

craiclad

7. Craiclad - APA, Dark Red Ale

bizarro

7. Craiclad - APA, Dark Red Ale
8. Bizarro - Wheat pale ale, English Brown

guest1906

Quote from: molc on September 29, 2016, 01:01:18 PM
Jams, chutneys etc are best at a different event, as we don't have permission to bring our own foods to the meets.

I have started a Thread on this matter on another page in this Forum

Shanna

Nice to meet all of the new faces last night. Thanks for everybody for coming and hope that you can all come along next month.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer