• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:59:59 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 1st December

Started by Bubbles, November 21, 2016, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Quote from: molc on December 02, 2016, 10:42:40 AM
Everything hurts this morning! Great meet as always. The sour and Barleywine stood out for me.
Yes I know that feeling, thank god work is quiet :)

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Quote from: CC on December 02, 2016, 11:24:49 AM
i remember one of my first meets some lad bangin on about how the grainfather confers an unfair advantage in competiton... how it wasn't really proper homebrewing...

What kind of a knob says something like that???

;D ;D 8)

Thanks for the kind words lads.

Ditto on molc's amber. Ditto on sore head. It's going to be a long afternoon..

Emot

Good craic last night lads, though I'm not sure how I feel about this hangover that I wasn't planning... Cheers for all the advice, I'll bring along some of my pale ale next time and ye can slate it  ;D

CC

ah  you'll not get slated at all Emot... almost every brewer starts off making flawed beer and with a bit of help, advice and constructive critique hopefully we'll get you making good beer that we can all enjoy- and more importantly you'll enjoy it more

Bubbles

Quote from: CC on December 03, 2016, 09:14:08 AM
ah  you'll not get slated at all Emot... almost every brewer starts off making flawed beer and with a bit of help, advice and constructive critique hopefully we'll get you making good beer that we can all enjoy- and more importantly you'll enjoy it more

+1 to that.

Emot, I'll drop you a PM during the week about that mash tun if you're still interested.

molc

Hell you still make some flawed beers years later. The key of meets is you get to share and learn from them :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: molc on December 03, 2016, 07:10:30 PM
Hell you still make some flawed beers years later. The key of meets is you get to share and learn from them :)
Hey I resemble that remark :).It's also the case that continuously changing ones setup can & does impact ones ability to consistently good beer. I have picked up multiple tips from others at our meets & while I might be sensitive to feedback/criticism of my beers the have usually been spot on.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

dukeellington

Is there a meet up on the 29th? I've never been to one before but wouldn't mind seeing what people think of my Belgian dark.

Bubbles

No, I'm afraid not. Next meet will be on Thu 26th Jan.

dukeellington

Not to worry, I'm enjoying the dark too much for it to last past new years, but I'm brewing my first IPA so perhaps I'll come with that in January

guest1906

hi guys

Regarding the 2017 home brew championships are ciders included?

Leann ull