• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:56:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - "Summer Session Beers" Competition?

Started by Bubbles, July 19, 2013, 01:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I've no problem, I'd like to have a taste of a few others.
Be nice if mine holds up.
Only restriction is work which is a bit random at the moment but its mostly days.

Ciderhead

Give us a chance put the word out today, I think it would be great if we did a vice versa

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on September 09, 2013, 08:27:22 PM
I think it would be great if we did a vice versa

A great idea - an exchange student program for pissheads..

Let us know when you've decided on the date for the GC meet. The SD boys are going to pencil in Thur 26th, that suit?

Ciderhead

Can we do the judging for both clubs at your meet on the 27th?
We will have 4 entries, how many have you folks got?

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on September 10, 2013, 01:14:05 PM

Absolutely, if you lads don't mind taking a spin up. Though it's on Thur 26th btw.

It looks like we've got only two entries. I don't think there's any sense in both being put forward for the final, but we'll leave it up to the competitors (Shanna & David) how sporting they want to make it.

Let's do that. Dark Horse it is.

Shanna

Oh god this could be embarrassing :(. My beer entries may have been drank due to last I heard the this was not going ahead. Have to check the shed/fridge and see if there are any left.

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on September 10, 2013, 01:17:00 PM
Quote from: Ciderhead on September 10, 2013, 01:14:05 PM

Absolutely, if you lads don't mind taking a spin up. Though it's on Thur 26th btw.

It looks like we've got only two entries. I don't think there's any sense in both being put forward for the final, but we'll leave it up to the competitors (Shanna & David) how sporting they want to make it.

Let's do that. Dark Horse it is.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

John_C

I have a beer to enter too. It's probably not competition standard but I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on it.

It's a 2.6% abv wheat beer.

Dr Jacoby

Good man! The more of us with sub 3% beers the better!
Every little helps

Ciderhead

Hi Chaps well finally got some input from our crew, can we come out to play and get you to judge our 4 beers, 2 of which will be entered, just not sure we can make the 26th?
We just need two/three of you and there would be nourishment offered in return for your palettes ? Is there another night that suits?

Bubbles

Lads, if I've got this right, we'll have three beers for judging as part of the meet on the 26th - Shanna, David, JohnC. That right?

I propose we put one forward for the "national" comp, what do you reckon?

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on September 18, 2013, 08:20:47 AM
Hi Chaps well finally got some input from our crew, can we come out to play and get you to judge our 4 beers, 2 of which will be entered, just not sure we can make the 26th?
We just need two/three of you and there would be nourishment offered in return for your palettes ? Is there another night that suits?

Unfortunately, my plans for the next couple of week have changed somewhat. I'm in the process of moving house and my evenings are pretty booked up these days. So I'm only on for the 26th at the moment.

JimmyM

Quote from: Bubbles on September 18, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

Unfortunately, my plans for the next couple of week have changed somewhat. I'm in the process of moving house and my evenings are pretty booked up these days. So I'm only on for the 26th at the moment.

Does your plan for the next couple of weeks still involve walking past me in Carrickmines and not saying hello leaving me waving like a gobshite :P

Last saturday....3.37pm... logged!
:)
Formerly JamesM.

David

my entry is an Elderflower Ale 3.8% (I have a taste this w/e if I cant chose between the slight differences ill bring all 3 versions)

Bubbles

Quote from: JimmyM on September 18, 2013, 01:58:00 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on September 18, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

Does your plan for the next couple of weeks still involve walking past me in Carrickmines and not saying hello leaving me waving like a gobshite :P

Last saturday....3.37pm... logged!
:)

Oh feck!! So that was you?? I said to me missus "I think we just passed one of the NHC lads", but I figured you hadn't seen me, or it wasn't you!

Guilty as charged, but I didn't see you waving. Maybe I was distracted having spent hours looking at dishwashers in Currys while trying to control some delinquent children...

Soz dude.  :-[ :-[ :-[

JimmyM

Ah im only joking... i only copped you as i was almost past you and i think you were busy dealing with a small child as i waved :)
Formerly JamesM.