• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:46:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Brewers Competition

Started by Acott, June 11, 2015, 10:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acott

Anyone entering the Capital Brewers Summer Session Competition?

I found a recipe for the Northern Brewer Kama Citra IPA, thought I'd give it a go!

danger_zone

I have a sub 4% Pale Ale currently bubbling away. I'll take it along to the July meetup and if it's any good then i'll enter it in. My last Pale Ale didn't score too great the main reason being there wasn't enough hops but there's going to be plenty in this one
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

I might take a whack at a low ABV hefeweizen over the summer. I'll bring it along if it's any way decent.

Acott

Would anyone happen to have about 15grams of Centennial? I can reimburse you with a couple of bottles?

cronan

I am all out of centennial, but it is just for a 60min addition so I don't think it matters too much what american hop you use.
I have some columbus, you would need less as its a higher AA.

danger_zone

June 12, 2015, 12:10:02 PM #5 Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:20:42 PM by danger_zone
I've some mosaic,simcoe,Citra if that's any good to you.might have ahtanum in the freezer too

edit: I don't have ahtanum,I have magnum and I also have 25g of Cascade and 25g of Celeia

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

I also have some aurora, chinook, citra and warrior

Acott

Quote from: cronan on June 12, 2015, 09:24:51 AM
I am all out of centennial, but it is just for a 60min addition so I don't think it matters too much what american hop you use.
I have some columbus, you would need less as its a higher AA.

That'd be excellent if you could spare some Cronan

Quote from: danger_zone on June 12, 2015, 12:10:02 PM
I've some mosaic,simcoe,Citra if that's any good to you.might have ahtanum in the freezer too

edit: I don't have ahtanum,I have magnum and I also have 25g of Cascade and 25g of Celeia

Cheers Stephen, I need Citra and Cascade but I ordered plenty, thanks for the offer though! Much appreciated bud

I have some Saaz and Hallertauer Mittelfruh if any of you lads need some!

danger_zone

Bottled my brew today. Never had one smelling so good. Only ended up with just under 14 litres due to all the soakage from my dry hop bags. Working out around 3.5%. Initial taste tests are good,nice bitterness to it and very light

drinking - whiskey stout

Acott

Sounds great Stephen!

I think I might of missed the boat on this one, I should of brewed on the 20th to have everything ready for the comp.
It won't be ready for our meeting  :o :(