• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:12:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limerick Club profile page

Started by Chris, June 20, 2013, 07:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Guys suggestions and reccomendations please. This is what I've got so far
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

loftybush

Apart from a typo (inn to in) in the calendar section it looks good.

Maybe mention some if the Irish beers the blind pig have on tap, Franciscan well and Trouble brewing.
I think the more we can promote the Blind Pig the better!

Sammy7p

Thanks Chris, that looks great.   The main benefit I see to having the club profile page is that we can encourage new members to join in. I know there are a few current brewers out there who haven't come along yet, this may be because they don't know about us and this profile page will certainly help - maybe we could put a poster up in the blind pig for next time?  Perhaps they see themselves as too inexperienced or maybe they are not sure what they would gain from attending, so could we expand a little on that section?  How about something like -
We have brewers with a wide range of experience and knowledge, from beginners, brewing their first or second kit through to seasoned 20 year veterans. Our members brew using basic kits, extract and all grain beers, and some brew ciders and wines (Chris you do a bit of this, could you put in something about the various wines etc?) .  We also have a prolific grower of hops in our midst.  All of our brewers - regardless of experience - are constantly trying out new recipes, and are learning new skills and techniques.  The meetings are a great chance to meet up and share our experiences (good and bad), ask lots of questions and have fun sampling some homebrew.