• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 17, 2024, 10:51:47 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

In three months time.....

Started by itsclinto, September 12, 2015, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsclinto

As we always have the great ideas and nobody posted them yet, i thought i'd start.  8)

Sunday October 4th: Wee County Brewday in the Bartender, Dundalk as part of NH week as discussed in the other thread and on whatsapp

Friday October 9th: Monthly Meeting in the Cross, Drogheda - not too sure if we want to put this back a week as its on top of the brewday

December - another brewday on brians system as part of the Christmas do.  The object was to take so much pale ale away each and do what you want with it.  Details were to be discussed

Anything else?

helmet

That's spot on, busy times ahead.
I've the mashkits ordered from THC, went for the Bavarian Hefeweise. 
I putter order for the t-shirts in with Hopbomb. Are we going down the line of setting up our own PayPal?

itsclinto

Quote from: helmet on September 12, 2015, 09:49:44 PM
I putter order for the t-shirts in with Hopbomb. Are we going down the line of setting up our own PayPal?

Fair play to shane.  He didn't have to do that.  Might be best to have the paypal account so that nobody is out of pocket.  Sure if we never use it, theres no loss

cronan

December - another brewday on brians system as part of the Christmas do.  The object was to take so much pale ale away each and do what you want with it.  Details were to be discussed

Just on this brewday we have the bag of pale malt from HBW, if I order 2.5kg of Munich and 1kg of cystal 40l with it to make a base recipe of
20kg Pale malt ~ 85%
2.5kg Munich ~ 10.5%
1kg Cystal 40L ~ 4.5%

If Brian can tell us max batch size and efficiency that would help.

I  have enough Columbus left for bittering lets say roughly 60grams.
We would also need some flavour hops for the steep 250-300grams, what do people think.

Who is interested in taking some of the batch and is ingredients coming from Club funds or is it whoever wants some pays for it.

itsclinto

Quote from: cronan on September 23, 2015, 01:30:39 PM
We would also need some flavour hops for the steep 250-300grams, what do people think.
I'd say the best thing would to have a neutral hop and maybe aim for a blonde ale with low IBUs.  At least then people can dry hop and get the full benefit of the effect rather than the boil hops being overpowering.  Even a yeast change should see a difference.

Who is interested in taking some of the batch and is ingredients coming from Club funds or is it whoever wants some pays for it.
I'd say take it from the kitty as its for ourselves for Christmas.  Shouldn't cost a whole lot anyway since we've the pale ale.  Even if you wanted to get a bittering hop so you're not out of pocket either.

Also, how are we going to divide the pale ale that i have.  Shall it be names into a hat on the brewday and also how much each?  For a 20 litre brew, i'd say 6 x 4kg bags with the first out of the hat getting the extra kilo.  Any thoughts on this?

cronan

That was me going light on the steep hops, I am assuming a 90ltr batch. You are right tho we don't want to overpower it too much 2 100g packets might be the handiest, what variety tho?

Good idea to distribute the grain.

danger_zone

Quote from: itsclinto on September 12, 2015, 09:23:21 PM

Friday October 9th: Monthly Meeting in the Cross, Drogheda - not too sure if we want to put this back a week as its on top of the brewday

I say stick with the 9th

I'll take a fermenter load, and I'd vote to use the Club to cover that extra grain

I agree with Clinto about not using too much hops then we can dry hop it whatever way we want.

Our names into a hat seems to be the fairest way to divvy it up
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

cronan

A list of who want some from the brew, numbers will decide how much we get.

1. DangerZone
2. Cronan

helmet

1. DangerZone
2. Cronan
3. Helmet

itsclinto

1. DangerZone
2. Cronan
3. Helmet
4. Itsclinto