• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:48:22 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

North County Brewers

Started by Cahalbrua, November 30, 2012, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cahalbrua

This is wills message incase people are think i'm replying to my own message.

P9, Jacob, Nigel_C, Cahal, RatsatHome but NHC said too many - it must be spam! So will do it the slow way!

Who have I missed of the list?

So whats the thinking on this group?

About the only two venues I can think of are the two in Swords. Old Boro and 44

Any other venues? Next time I'm in one of them I would ask. I would favour the snug in the Old Boro.

A wilder alternative would be the Rugby club. We have a private room available, great Guiness, and Erdinger but thats it at the moment.

However I could probably persuade them to stock bottled beers for us, I will ask.

Idea is: I go to Londis and get a selection of bottles on the club account. We drink them in the room ( no need to go to the bar ) at say €5 a bottle.

Bottles and cash go back to the club at nights end.

Another alternative as we are pretty small is to vist each other on a given night.

depending on the replies to this we can then put up a forum on the main site

Cahalbrua

I'd be up for it will
the only problem with the rugby club would be getting there and back if you had a few drinks,somewhere in malahide or swords village where people could get buses and trains,especially people coming from further a field as we would have to get the word out in the north county to try and grow membership a little.

Will_D

I only mentioned Rugby club in case no pubs would have us.

I'm pretty sure the favoured local would be The Old Boro in swords ( Jacob has already PM'd me).

They have O'Haras IPA and Red on tap as well some bottled stuff. Will try and get over tomorrow.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Cahalbrua

About the only two venues I can think of are the two in Swords. Old Boro and 44

Any other venues? Next time I'm in one of them I would ask. I would favour the snug in the Old Boro.
The old boro would be perfect cos you'd never be stuck for space even if you wanted to do something on a friday or saturday night.
You could move around a little once or twice a year as well.
it would be great to get a train to skerries on a nice summers day for a meetup in the blue bar on skerries harbour.great craft beer selection their.
Proberly getting a bit ahead of myself here  ::)

Cahalbrua

QuoteI only mentioned Rugby club in case no pubs would have us.

I'm pretty sure the favoured local would be The Old Boro in swords ( Jacob has already PM'd me).

They have O'Haras IPA and Red on tap as well some bottled stuff. Will try and get over tomorrow.

Will

Jason's the manager or mark

Rats

I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Will_D

Thanks Tube for moving us here.

Now the westies, the easties, and southies, and all the rest can now sleep UNEASY in their beds.

The ultimate regional brew group is starting to emerge like a Kraken from the deep oceans.

Will

Will_D

The things I have to do in the name of the NCB:

Just been over to the Old Boro, met with Jason and no problem.

We can have the snug when its quiet mid-week. He knew about the B&C format of us bringing beer, they provide the glasses and jugs etc.

Just need to let him know when we want to meet up. So what do we all think about a time, day, date?

I'm very flexible about days

Time Start at 7:00 pm ?

days: Mon, Tues are free of other clashes

Wednesday depending could clash with a Beoir meet in particular the Christmas drink on the 19 th.

Fridays would be out ( too busy )

Thursday 20th would be Ok I think, anything later is out 'coz of Xmas

Week before 10th - 13 is also free

When we post the photos of us resplendant in a "gentlemans club type area", all dark wood pannelling, log fires and overstuffed Chesterfields, ( aka: the snug ) we'll show those others who meet in caves or worse a thing or two about evolution!

PS: Westies and others are cordially invited

Will

Jacob

December 01, 2012, 03:30:03 PM #8 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:03:27 PM by Jacob
Quote"gentlemans club type area"
I knew u've like that part of Old Boro :P

For me any day will do except Wednesday.

Will_D

Not Wednesday is fine by me!

Will

Partridge9

Well Done Will on organising this - let me know the days and I'll be there.