• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:29:37 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Lambic Barrel 2016

Started by imark, May 09, 2016, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

To cool the cooling water of the counterflow :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

I was brewing 24hrs in advance of the others  and need to be finished by 5pm on the Friday so task was to get 55L with ambient water temp, 13 Degrees, (High for me but air temp was 24 on Friday :o) to 5 Degrees or below.
I'd seen it in other brewers setups and wanted to give it a go.
The 5 degrees was to ensure there was no unwelcome guests before it got anywhere near the barrel on the Sat fill and was still cold when it was delivered, so used it initially with whirlpool and then finished straight into fermentor using a small pump straight out of the boiler through the coil.
I was thinking I could use it for pilsner wort as current mad summer temps can only get to 20 degrees for 35L and then I pump into conical in the fridge for 3-4 hours to get to target 10 Degrees.
I'm a bit A retentive when it comes to hygiene and a use SS like holy water but to be honest it was a complete pain to first run through PBW, water, starsan for sanitation etc even though I achieved the desired result and for good measure topped off with a good squirt of C02 I won't be doing it again reverting back to the fill and chill method as I won't have the time constraint next time.

imark

Time to schedule empty the barrel. I'm going to propose we have it emptied and refilled on 18th March.

imark

Contributors were:
1. imark - 50L
2. DamienE - 25L
3. Rossa - 25L
4. Diarmuid - 50L
5. Lordstilton - 25L
6. CH - 50L
7. Dodge 25L

Can everyone get kegs/drums for their share to me between 12-17 March please. I will have them filled and ready for collection when you're dropping the fresh wort.
I'd like to start early on the morning of 18th so could people drop their wort to me early please.

I'm assuming same contributors and amounts this fill. If there is any changes required please let me know over the next week or so.
Same recipe as last time. I have enough 'special' hops to do the full barrel so can distribute when I get the kegs or beforehand as arranged. I think flaked wheat order is in hand also.

DamienE

imark

Keg/drum for emptying

1. imark - 50L
2. DamienE - 25L
3. Rossa - 25L
4. Diarmuid - 50L
5. Lordstilton - 25L
6. CH - 50L
7. Dodge 25L

Can you guys let me know when you can get kegs/drums to me for emptying please

imark

Quote from: imark on March 11, 2017, 08:34:03 AM
Keg/drum for emptying

1. imark - 50L
2. DamienE - 25L
3. Rossa - 25L
4. Diarmuid - 50L
5. Lordstilton - 25L
6. CH - 50L
7. Dodge 25L

Can you guys let me know when you can get kegs/drums to me for emptying please
Refill date is scheduled for 8th April as discussed on our WhatsApp group.