• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 28, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Any cornies for sale?

Started by Hop Bomb, May 29, 2013, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Anyone buy a load in that famous group buy & would like to sell one or two or more?

Also, where would I find corny spares in Europe? I need two lids. Thanks.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Ciderhead

I know there was to be a "quality group buy of kegs" aka the ones shanna, got, they were top drawer and well worth the money saving about 20 off retail.
http://www.candirect.co.uk/, I'm sure he will pm u the details
Why don't you start a gb with a list to see who else is interested? happy to help get them delivered if its after start of july, imagine that a gb outside the pale!
With the global shortage of them like gold they are a good investment, (I don't want any day traders telling me where gold is today, I know!)

Rossa

I've been looking into this. Britvik don't want to know about selling theirs. If anyone has any contacts there shout  now!

direct are about €55 for ball lock and €45 pin. Add delivery to that unless we can do a deal witg then in numbers it could be the guts  of €60 a pop. Top condition if Decla's ones are anything to go by.

Ciderhead

Shanna had much better prices than that and it was a moderate buy ???

Ciderhead

Na Pin locks are dreadful things and always breaking or bending pins, the homebrewing community (clever folks that we are) have adopted ball locks as the standard and that's why there are none of the bloody things left in circulation :(

Ciderhead

Found a mug selling them on DD for 80 each, but you can get them retail for 65 in HBC at the mo.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/hobbies/4926750

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 30, 2013, 07:13:21 AM
but you can get them retail for 65 in HBC at the mo.

Unfortunately not! They've been out of stock for months now!

Bubbles

I'm interested in buying a few at the moment, so a group buy would be fantastic.

alealex

This guy bought them of me some time ago.. Eur 80,00 :o anyway, the fact is that cornies are harder to get week after week and sooner or later they're going to be impossible to get from companies like candirect or others. Treat your cornies nicely lads they're putting up on prices as time goes on.
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

DEMPSEY

Am'nt I glad that I got 10 when the epic buy happened,the rule of thumb is if its for sale and its cheap,buy it.Tell the wife later ::).
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

montofk

I'd be interested in this group buy if it's happening!... just throwing my name into the ring.

Ciderhead

Montofk, are you a member, it would only be facilitated through the club ;)
Jeez Dempsey you aren't either  ;D ;D

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 30, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
Montofk, are you a member, it would only be facilitated through the club ;)
Jeez Dempsey you aren't either  ;D ;D
Apparently I don't do emails :(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

montofk

No not yet, was planning to when I see my local rep this weekend. :)

Rossa

I'll fire  off an email to can direct later or tomorrow and see what I can shake out of them.