• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:04 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Barrel ~ Oud Bruin ~ Who's in?

Started by admin, November 16, 2013, 11:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imark

oud Bruin generally aged in SS. Only tried petrus recently and wasn't overly impressed. Try liefmans gpudenband or Vanderghinste. Top beers!

mr hoppy

Quote from: imark on December 17, 2013, 08:45:04 AM
oud Bruin generally aged in SS. Only tried petrus recently and wasn't overly impressed. Try liefmans gpudenband or Vanderghinste. Top beers!

Have you tried Petrus Aged Pale? It's the dog's.

imark

imark

Is it 10 or 11 cornies we need to fill the barrel guys? We've 9 on the list with Eoin offering to do double batch.

imark

imark

Do we have a date for filling the barrel? All ingredients are ready to go now.

imark

Well we just need a fill date since we're brewing it at home. I was hoping to brew mine on 15th.

Dodge

That sounds fine. My suggestion would be for all the brew and then I collect from a central point to take back and fill the barrel.

We've been waiting a while now so I think the 15 is good for me. I'm away the following week

imark

Sounds good. Did you treat the barrel yet? The sulphur is nasty. Do it in a well ventilated area.

imark

Here's the byo article we used as reference for barrel maintenance. See the section on used barrel for instructions.

imark

imark

imark

March 05, 2014, 09:24:11 AM #28 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:24:58 AM by Tube
Those of you that are attending brew day on the 8th can collect your ingredients there for your Oud Bruin. Otherwise, PM to arrange collection.

imark