• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:17:26 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

A-Z of Craft Beers . . . That Aren't Actually Craft Beers

Started by HomeBrewWest, March 04, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeBrewWest

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Pheeel

Most of those were not that great or have turned out that way (Pyramid is a great example)

I'm kind of sad about Kona, thankfully their beers are still delicious (Pipeline Porter is one of my faves)
Issues with your membership? PM me!

mr hoppy

Why do they mention Unibroue twice? Once to give out that they used to be owned by Sleemanns (a decade ago!) and again to give out about their being owned by Sapporo - which isn't exactly a secret. I quite liked their beers, and its a shame they don't have any distribution over here.

johnrm

Hop Bomb

Just been in Oz and drank a rake of Fat Yak pale ale.  Great beer! although all beers here are served near freezing temp. All pale ales from the locals. IPA from the US imports.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

SlugTrap

CBA breweries are a tricky case - the 1/3 ownership stake by AB-InBev gives them access to Bud's distribution network, but they are still run by the same people who founded them 30 years ago and seemingly left to their own devices. RedHook and Widmer Bros. don't brew the most exciting beer, but I believe they brew what they want to brew.

Also confused why Harpoon and New Belgium are mentioned when they are straight ahead true craft breweries.