• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:47:43 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

US hop harvest is coming in

Started by admin, October 02, 2013, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Citra going on the mass market in 2 days time!

Panic stations!

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

Hop Bomb

When does it & the other hops filter down to our group buy suppliers?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

biertourist

Yep. There's a few more varieties that are being harvested this week but by Friday and definitely by Friday next week the harvest is pretty much all in from Yakima.
-They're starting to pelletize now, too so 2013 US pellets should start becoming available in the next few weeks.

I picked up a pound of Amarillo, Belma, and Citra from the fine folks at Puterbaugh Farms and I've got 3/4 of a pound of my home grown Cascade, Centennial, and Nugget.
-I'm going to start brewing exclusively with repitched Conan yeast for a bunch of single hopped fruity IPAs. (This strain is technically neutral so it's not yeast esters that are responsible for the fruit flavors; it seems that this strain is particularly good at bio transforming late hop additions and this is EXACTLY what I plan on experimenting with.

When I'm done with the Yakima "ABCs" of proprietary fruity hops, I'm going to switch to some 2013 NZ pellets and then mess with some blends.  It's going to be a very hoppy winter, if I have my way.  ; )

Adam