• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 02, 2024, 10:39:11 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Drop-off point for Belfast Homebrewers English Ales Comp

Started by Bubbles, August 12, 2015, 03:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Lads,

If you have any SDB entries for the Belfast English Ales comp, please PM me well in advance to arrange drop-off. The closing date for the comp is 7th November.

Please see here for further details on entry forms, fees etc.

Cheers,
Bubbles.

molc

Anyone planning on doing something for this? Can't say I know a lot about English ales and what's nice tbh.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

Yes, I'll probably enter a beer, probably a bitter.

Get yourself a bottle of Timothy Taylor Landlord would be a good start. Bitter is often overlooked, but sometimes nothing else will do. Ask shiny, he's a big fan.. ;)

irish_goat

The Fullers range is a good bench mark too. I get English styles all the time in spoons so I've grown quite partial to them. Never tried to brew one though.

Bubbles

Fullers beers are top notch if they're fresh. I've got a couple of stale examples recently which were dreadful. London pride on cask, which I've had in Spoons and the Magpie Inn, is amazing.

I'm also very partial to Spitfire, though it's probably a bit mass produced for some real ale aficionados. It's a cracking beer, malty and toasty without a lot of caramel sweetness. Lovely light roasty finish on it.

molc

Heya are you taking entries for this at the meet up this month by any chance? Can organise with north county if not, so not a biggie.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

No other interest at the moment dude, so probably best to drop it off with NCB if they have other entries. It will save Mr CH a time consuming detour off the M50.

Disappointed not to be entering myself, but the beers I did at the end of the summer were overcarbed. No point in entering them..

sub82

If anyone's still interested in this competition, it's the last week for entries - £5/€5 per beer!!

The Great Quintessential English Ales Competition

sub82