• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:25:30 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew day Kildare town beginners or advanced!

Started by brenmurph, November 07, 2012, 02:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

November 07, 2012, 02:07:18 PM Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:45:00 PM by brenmurph
This saturday 10th nov 1pm till 8pm
Hi and just want to mention theres one of my (many) regular brew days in Kildare town. 1pm-8pm should cover it. This week its a full mash in my home made mash gear! Hoping to do a christmas ale, nice rich spicy ale, all ideas welcome. I make very drinkable beer but I'm always open to ideas and help from more experienced brewers.
Absolute beginners very welcome, more skilled brewers also very welcome. Its not a competition its a positive social hobby where we can all share our skills and ideas.
Of course theres tasting to be done as well but I am passionate about a strict non-drink drive policy so please dont call over in your car and plan to drive home after a few bevvies!! Green bus from Dublin, Red cow, Naas, Newbridge brings u right here! I can arrange pick up at Kildare village bus stop to venue.
More details on event page here http://www.meetup.com/realbeer/events/90214422/
Regards Brendan

Will_D

QuoteThis saturday 10th Oct 1pm till 8pm

Its November already !! ;)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

sorry lost a month somewhere. Sat 10th Nov!! Thanks and sorry!

brenmurph

I emailed ya earlier.  just say all welcome
Theres the link to the event page http://www.meetup.com/realbeer/events/90214422/

Say "brew session in Kildare 1-8pm saturday full mash goin on, + some bottling and tasting. Beginers or experienced all welcome to share ideas and so on. Either go to the link above where they can contact me or show their interest.

brenmurph

Great day, loads of people dropped in during the day and one National Homebrew club member was here all day till 10pm! he was nearly crying on leaving when his wife collected him. He tried a hell of a lot of my brews, Id say at least 12-14 of them and wasnt complaining. Hope to have many more Homebrew club members drop in for next one. We got the christmas mash on, hopefully a nice dark spicy and fruity ale with some warmth, we went for 6.6% going into 330ml bottles. Next mash day 3 weeks time 1st december when we will also bottle the christmas mash! Thanks for all the helpers those who droped in for tasters, questions and dropping in empty bottles.

Spud395

November 11, 2012, 03:31:17 PM #5 Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:31:59 PM by Spud395
QuoteHe tried a hell of a lot of my brews, Id say at least 12-14 of them
Come on lads, hands up  ;D

Sounds like a great day, done this a few times and will stick up a post in the south-east section next brewday I have with some forward planning
Non modo......sed etiam

brenmurph

Ye Tube grand day. Ill put the event on the meet up tomorrow and send u the link so that the info will be there for everyone who wants to have a look. In the meantime Im chasin up O haras and will post it on meet up as well and let u know. Ill have a few from this end and if we can get 5 or 6 definates we will go ahead and book a tour with them. They hope for 10 people and they do it for 7.50 per head, a brewer takes on a 1-hour tour then a free pint.
I have a minibus so I should be able to arrange Kildare to Carlow if people can head to Kildare let say if a few of ye share a car dublin to kildare and maybe even the wexford lads who are only down the road in the other direction from Bagnalstown carlow may fancy coming up to O haras.
could end up a good event to hook up a few of the groups, u never know!.

John

I am that member that spent all day with Brendan.... and a great day it was too. Brendan and Kellie were superb hosts. They were welcoming and gracious and made me feel right at home. The brews that Brendan had on stock were, how can I say, only mouth watering. The selection I tasted was eye opening, but the kegged stout was my favorite and only gorgeous! As a relative newbie to home brew, only recently trying my hand at all grain, Brendan demonstrated what is possible with this hobby(obsession) of ours. Some of his modified kit brews were incredible. All this beer tasting in return for a little help with brewing the 'Christmas Cake' beer. ;D
I highly recommend anyone interested in home brew, beginners or otherwise to visit Brendan for a mash up.
And, yes, there were tears at the end....Oh, leaving that  stout behind,yum! :-[   

brenmurph

Thanks John you were very welcome and a great ambassador for what we try to do. Great feedback, which should be a motivation for others to try it and generally to encourage people to hook up for brew days. Maybe Tube will quote you on the main homebrew page, which would be a good encouragement for others to try these type of brew days and share our passion and brewing ideas.

glad u had a great day. regards bren