• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 06, 2024, 07:34:06 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

April Meet in the Boro

Started by Will_D, March 29, 2013, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richieh

So sorry to have missed this. Sounds like a good meeting. Next time!

nigel_c

Great night again lads.
Nice to throw around a few ideas for the barrel project.
Any recipe ideas please post.
Would be great to get a list of group ingredients together so we can order whatever is needed.

Someone start a thread hopefully out of sight of sight of those sneaky Liffey Guys.

Rats

I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Jacob

Once again had a good fun and tried few amazing brews!
Looking forward for the next meetup :)

ColMack

Really enjoyed my first meeting.
Beers were excellent, I liked Wills Baltic Porter and the Jacobs Pilgrim Ale alot.
James, did you pay for the food? I'll get the chips in the next time! Thanks.
Bring on the barrel!

Will_D

Posted this in Education and Publishing:

"
Hi guys,

Have just done the front page article for Tuesday's NCB meet. Should we use this forum to ask an editor to preview the draft (that I have saved) and then publish it or should the editor request go into the group forum and be updated by the editor and he then tells the group members its published?
"

Still waiting for an update so posted it here as well
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

Quote from: Tube on April 18, 2013, 01:19:02 PM
I think you need patience Will! The lads that can answer are probably all at work.
I've a strong feeling of Deja-Vu !!

But I have noticed that most posts are between 9 - 5 Monday to Friday :D :D

Partridge9

Quote from: Will_D on April 18, 2013, 01:15:04 PM
Posted this in Education and Publishing:

"
Hi guys,

Have just done the front page article for Tuesday's NCB meet. Should we use this forum to ask an editor to preview the draft (that I have saved) and then publish it or should the editor request go into the group forum and be updated by the editor and he then tells the group members its published?
"

Still waiting for an update so posted it here as well

Was talking to Padriac - about this thing - he is actually going to proof read and publish everything - all we do is leave it in drafts. That way he can schedule publishing nicely.
So to answer your question - simply PM Padriac and he will publish it in the next slot.

James

BrianC

Thanks for another great night.
It was great to try all the different beers and wines which are all excellent.
Thanks again for all your advice.
I am looking forward to the Imperial Stout.

Will_D

Fronnt page article has been publish - Thanks Padraic

Partridge9

I noticed that - Its fine on Firefox and IE - we'll get it right next time.

Will_D

Any Yeast News from the P9 Yeast Repository?

Partridge9

Building up a WLP001 today  ..

Sorry you are probably referring to the yeast box in the shed ! I'll Check ..

Partridge9

I have 2 X 500g Ale 514 Yeast

Mauribrew Ale 514 Yeast
This strain was selected based on its ability to produce English-style ales. It is a strong fermenting strain with rapid attenuation of fermentable sugars. Most noteworthy is this strains alcohol tolerance, producing commercial ales with up to 9.5% alcohol.

TYPE
Saccharomyces cerevisiae - Top Fermenting Ale Brewing Yeast

TEMPERATURE RANGE:
Thanks to its high temperature tolerance Mauribrew Ale can ferment from 15°C up to 32°C.
Desirable flavour characters result with this strain through the 16-24°C temperature range.Beer structure may benefit from fermentations with this strain after acclimatising to lower temperatures for prolonged yeast contact at 12-15°C.

INOCULATION RATE : 50-80g/hl

RATE OF FERMENTATION
A rapid fermenter at warm ambient temperatures, resulting in a typical fermentation time of between 3 and 7 days.

DEGREE OF ATTENUATION
This strain rapidly attenuates fermentable sugars with typical wort falling from a gravity of 1040-1045 resulting in a beer of less than 1008.

ALCOHOL TOLERANCE
This ale yeast is renowned for its tolerance in commercial beer styles with up to 9.5% alcohol.

YEAST HEAD FORMATION
Though a top fermenter, this yeast produces nominal yeast head through stages of maximum gravity loss.

FINAL CLARITY
One of the selection criteria used for this strain was its generally very good settling properties even at warmer ambient temperatures 20-30°C.
12.5g pack

nigel_c

Half vile of this dry yeast would be more than enough to pitch into the batches. Nice sterile way of devide up the yeast if we decide to go with it. Looks like a good strain to use. Similar to wlp005 maybe?