• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:22:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First Kerry meet

Started by davebhoy1975, September 04, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultlynch91

The above link to a possible homebrew competition hosted by the Killarney brewing company if any of ye are interested

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

BigDanny84

Sounds good Paul. Might be worth looking up what Smithwicks did last year with the NHC and see what were the positives and negatives of that.

Gugs44

Great idea, I'd be up for that, maybe we could discuss further at Thursday nights opening meet up

paultlynch91

Ya see ye Thursday night

Gugs44

Slightly running behind, will be 10 min late, me and BigDanny

Gugs44

Great to get the club up and running albeit just the 3 of us but it's a start, the venues couldn't have been more obliging and great range of beers on offer while sampling our own which were all very good, here's to more meet ups and hopefully we get more people to come along

nigel_c

Congrats. No turning back now.

BigDanny84

Very enjoyable. Thanks to Dave for organising it all.

Drum

johnrm

Good stuff.
Foundations laid, no stopping ye!

Sent from my Samsung Note Sev... Fire! Fire!

paultlynch91

October 21, 2016, 12:15:19 PM #70 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:42:07 PM by paultlynch91
Hi guys

So I was talking to the three lads that showed up and they mentioned holding the homebrew competition after the new year, which would allow for an uninterrupted entry into the nationals and enough time for ye to brew. So how does the 14th of January sound to ye? I have been able to secure 200 Euro roughly in prizes from sponsorship with maybe more being added in the mean time

*edit will certainly be more in prizes

Will_D

Great work being done down there!

First meet and a comp already - but a few questions spring to mind:

Who will be eligible for the competition?

Is it local or national?

How many entries can you handle?

You WILL need judges and stewards!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

armedcor

Great job getting the comp together. I should definitely have an entry ready. Are you going to pick a specific style to brew? I think that would be easier first time around.

BigDanny84

Quote from: Will_D on October 21, 2016, 08:00:49 PM
Great work being done down there!

First meet and a comp already - but a few questions spring to mind:

Who will be eligible for the competition?

Is it local or national?

How many entries can you handle?

You WILL need judges and stewards!

Based on what was discussed with Paul last night, the competition will be open to anyone, other than that there is nothing decided yet.

Killarney Brewing want to support homebrewers, provide a venue and basically have a bash at the brewery in the new year. And I think they are completely open to suggestions on how it should be ran etc.

I have suggested that they get in touch with somebody that has more experience regarding competitions than any of the 3 of us in the club.

So I think if anyone has any suggestions post them here or message Paul himself.

davebhoy1975

It certainly was a great success for a first meet and that porter was something else Gugs. I'm looking forward to a bit of re sampling.

Massive thanks to Paul and the lads from The Killarney Brewing Company and to all the staff at The Celtic Whiskey Experience.
€200 worth of prizes already is phenomenal Paul. Fair play. Just let us know what we can do to help.