• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:27 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Inaugural meeting of the Belfast homebrewers

Started by sub82, March 30, 2013, 10:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

March 30, 2013, 10:58:21 AM Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:18:51 PM by sub82
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who made it down and to the Hudson Bar for being great hosts.

We had a full table of samples to get through consisting of a large variety of great tasting IPAs, stouts, Belgian styles, ciders and wines. These included a Sierra Nevada clone, a spicy stout, an English style cider (from Irish apples ;)), a ginger wine and a Duvel clone. Apologies for not listing everything.

We were in the back room from 7 and covered the National Homebrew Club and competition, group buys, yeast swaps and the possibility of running a brew demo at the Hudson. At 9 we were to share the room with other Hudson punters who also showed an interest in the homebrewed samples. It was great to spread the gospel and direct more people to the site.

Hopefully this will be the start of a regular meet and I'm already looking forward to the next!

matthewdick23

sweet tube!

we're looking at a sat next month, where we'll go and brew at the pub out the back. advertise it as we did this meet.  gives us a chance to brew together and let some random pub goers on a sat get to see the process!

would love the banner if possible.  is it in dublin? I have some friends that travel up every weekend

matthew

sub82

March 30, 2013, 12:40:43 PM #2 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:01:34 PM by sub82
Nice one - that would be great!

Would be good to get some pointers if you've experience of running demos.

DEMPSEY

March 30, 2013, 03:26:39 PM #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:30:50 PM by DEMPSEY
The lads in Capital brewers have done 2 so far with a club of hackers (TOG) in Dublin City. This club have their own rented space so the used that to do it.
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/page/4/
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Padraic

We have a good relationship with TOG and are doing a brewday there in a couple of weeks, you are more than welcome to come along to see!

The Galway guys have a relationship with their local hackerspace (091 Labs), Maybe ye could arrange something with http://farsetlabs.org.uk. Worth looking into if there is a fit there!

Any questions feel free to ask me! (The key is getting a great team together)

sub82

Great ideas guys - thanks!

Would be good to make the brewday. What date is it?

sub82

Ah we'll be in Bath that weekend seeing our new niece! Those hacker space places are really interesting. Never knew that sort of place existed.

matthewdick23

tried getting in touch with them- no response.

tbh, i could have tried a bit harder.

ill start a post here trying to get a ddate sorted for brewday at the hudson

sub82

Yeah good idea. I'm up for it, we could take it turns about, or did you have anyone else in mind?

matthewdick23

nope, sounds good.  is your bro able to write the article for his paper? who did he work for again?

sub82

April 01, 2013, 11:15:28 PM #12 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:15:46 PM by sub82
He's an editor at Flagship Media and writes for The Big List. He was hoping to start a regular homebrewing piece in his column "Iain's World".

sub82