• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:19 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Leipzig & Berlin

Started by Bazza, August 23, 2017, 09:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

While we're on the German theme....

Heading to Leipzig tomorrow for 3 nights. Not entirely sure where what area we're in (staying with wife's friend), but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for decent brew pubs/bars?

Heading to Berlin then for 2 nights. Besides getting to see a real life Panda, any recommendations for decent places in the Central West area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

irish_goat

Was in Leipzig for a quick stopover back in 2012. Only went to one place of note, http://www.gosenschenke.de/en/. It's a traditional German gose pub and a nice place to try a few. Few more, crafty spots seem to have opened up since but I've not been.

Heading to Berlin in 2 weeks myself for one night. Whereabouts in Central West are you staying? I was there about 5 years ago and thought it was a bit quiet. Went to East Berlin last year and had much better luck with finding decent beer. There's a Google map done up here but if you pick a particular area I might have specific recommendations.

Bazza

Cheers, Thomas.

The hotel in Berlin is at this address:
Hardenbergstraße 21
10623 Berlin

I believe we're about 10 minutes' walk from the zoo :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Mahblah

BRLO brewhouse is really good and nearish you. Most of the other place I went were more central or east.

Jacob

irish_goat

Not a whole lot out your direction. I stayed 30 mins walk down the Kurfurstendamm from you and other than a really nice Italian there wasn't much else.

If you can get away with it, Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg and are the 2 better areas for beer (and decently priced food too). Easy enough to get the metro from your hotel.

Partridge9 was at Stone the other week so might be able to give feedback on it. I've looked into it but it takes a good 45mins to get out there from the city centre so I'm not sure if we'll have time. Would probably rather go to the local spots and maybe a quick run into Mikkeller and BrewDog.

belfastjacko

I go to Berlin 3 or 4 times a year, never stay in the west mind you, I'm heading in November and we are staying west this time so let us know any gems you unearth that side.