• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 05, 2024, 07:38:00 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Your views on Clear glass bottles

Started by evoke, May 02, 2013, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evoke

Hey guys,
               Got a dozen clear glass 750ml swing top bottles. Today i put some of a my pilsener batch in to those bottles. I know the brown color in normal bottles keeps the beer from going off. After i primed the bottles i put them in a card board box, covered it in a black bag and put it in the airing cupboard.

Do you know how long it might take for the beer to break down when i take the beer bottles out in to the light? was going to put them in the fridge as needed but just worried about the light.

johnrm

Slap on a bit of sunblock and you should be grand!
What you are doing sounds fine. Use the bottles, but keep them covered.

Heres a science bit...
http://beeradvocate.com/articles/527

brenmurph

Quote from: evoke on May 02, 2013, 10:44:45 PM

Do you know how long it might take for the beer to break down when i take the beer bottles out in to the light? was going to put them in the fridge as needed but just worried about the light.

according to some sources it happens in minutes in strong sunlight as you drink your beer outdoors...I dought if  the light in your fridge will cause much problem as its only on when you open the door.  Put them further away from the fridge light to be sure.

evoke

thanks guys.

Will take the light bulb at the fridge when they are in. Just to be on the safe side.

St. Fursey

I always drink beer in a darkened room, wearing night vision goggles

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DrowningManatee

the goggles must be part o that package deal with the GT-N7000 using talkbright 2...
i carbonate my bottles by talking to them, really softly :)
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled: