• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 11, 2024, 07:11:53 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Vineyard Growlers

Started by banjobrew, August 13, 2015, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjobrew

The Vineyard on the Ormeau Road are doing 1L and 2L refillable growlers with rotating beer! They are doing the 1L at £5 and the 2L at £7.50 as an introductory offer for the bottles. At the moment they have Punk IPA (1L £5.99), The White Hag White IPA, Tempest Brave New World IPA (1L £7.69) and something else I can't remember.

Based on Punk IPA 1L, it's a much of a muchness price wise I think but haven't done the maths on the other and for 2L.

Keeps for 24 hours after opened and 60 days from refill unopened.

The Brave New World IPA is lovely. 7% piney resin flavour and aroma.
Belfast Homebrewers.

sub82

Looks class!

Got a growler but it has a screw cap - any idea if they can fill it?

banjobrew

They'll only fill their own for safety reasons...
Belfast Homebrewers.

sub82

Ah yes understandable. Is that the same for brewbot and other 'growler fillers'?

Ciaran

Think brewbot will fill anything off the tap, woodworkers are charging £10 "deposit" last time I checked.  Vineyard will only fill their own due to it being a pressurised system - think I'm right in sayin they don't fill McHughs branded growlers which are off the same filling system and identical bottles but they might have changed their stance on that since last I heard. Either way they're cool bottles so worth getting one anyway as a spare.

irish_goat

Keep asking, a few of the Dublin growler fillers started off saying they wouldn't fill other branded ones but they eventually relented.