• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:43:13 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

April Meet-up

Started by St. Fursey, April 09, 2013, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

the Oslo is booked for April 26th - check out the calendar the details.

Usual deal - come along and chat with other brewers from the West. Bring a couple of bottles of your latest brew and see what others have been up to.

It's the week before the Bay Breweryhomebrew competition so bring along a preview of your entries!

Post your beers here - keeping a record on the night has proven difficult!

St. Fursey (Enda): 1. Beaur Raspberry Weiss. 2. Beaur Summer Fruit Weiss. 3. Unnamed Quadruple

eanna

St. Fursey (Enda): 1. Beaur Raspberry Weiss. 2. Beaur Summer Fruit Weiss. 3. Unnamed Quadruple
Eanna- Cascade trappist IPA

Haven't been near the the fermenter in 4 weeks, it'll be bottled this weekend so it might be still flat come the 26th.

J o e

April 09, 2013, 01:42:51 PM #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:44:51 PM by J_o_e
I'll have the same American Pale Ale as the last time, it was only a week in the bottle for the last meeting.

Have a pale ale in the fermenter that was brewed with a mix of stuff (chilli flakes, cardamom pods, coriander seeds...) so hopefully bottle that Friday, could be a disaster though.

Got ingredients for a few batches of pale ales a while back to save on postage... getting tired of them now. Really want to get a stout or something different on.

EDIT: Actually I'm going karting in Tynagh that evening, will be late if I make it.

DrowningManatee

i'll have my coopers real ale kit extract hack with different fruit tinctures in different bottles, some orange/grapefruit wine, and a bulldog brewery yorkshire ale kit which i seem to have made shite of with too low ferment temperature ................ maybe ill have lots of that one:)
nice one sorting out the oslo again, ye're beers sound savage interesting, got a load o rice cakes in reduced to clear there, apparently they clear the palette for tasting so ill bring em along and we can spit beer on each other like your suposed to, or is that wine?:)

Eanna- Cascade trappist IPA
Joe - Herbed Pale Ale
Michael - 1.Coopers Cascade Hack 2.Orange/grapefruit wine 3.Yorkshire (Too?) Bitter
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

barkar

Quotethe Oslo is booked for April 26th - check out the calendar the details

It's the week before the Bay Breweryhomebrew competition

Won't make the 26th unless it was the sat or following week , I thought the bay competition , was 9th and 16th may ?

St. Fursey

QuoteI thought the bay competition , was 9th and 16th may ?
my mistake ;)

DrowningManatee

Just to confirm before friday (im assuming its still going ahead?), do ye guys want me to do the write up (i suggested it in another thread) or was i bein a bit presumptuous putting me name forward for that? just to know ahead of time. And should i bring the camera or do you normally do that regardless of the write up tom? Looking forward to it...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Hop Bomb

Bring your camera & do the write up too.

I dont think Il make this one. Enjoy!
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.