• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 21, 2024, 04:43:46 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Smithwicks Homebrew Challenge

Started by irish_goat, September 15, 2015, 05:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Probably would need to be something sessionable yeah. I would guess a nice 5% dark red/brown ale would be on the money. Christmas spices can be used as well.

brenmurph

No cinnamon bombs please thet get boring :-)  Christmas ale..... im making snow and melting it to use in my beer  :) Thats the only part of my recipe im tellin yis about ;D

LordEoin

brenmurph

could be too high in nitrogen if harvested outside a pub in the lane!  Actually Itll be fresh snow from Kildare so Ill be working on my other (more secret ingredients) over the next few days!

Wat about a homebrew Smithwicks competition after the smithwicks competition.....as smithwicks arnt even announcing the winners maybe it would be a cool meet up to taste the entries...or maybe that breaches the smithwicks T&C's  :)

johnrm

nigel_c

Very. My winter warmers take months to condition and peak.

molc

It's not really a winter warmer.  I'm more thinking they want santa in a glass for Christmas:)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

delzep

Quote from: molc on September 15, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
It's not really a winter warmer.  I'm more thinking they want santa in a glass for Christmas:)

Didn't I see a beard ale mentioned here somewhere??

Drum

Trying to register for this just for the hell of it. But im having trouble with the form. I tryed on firefox and internet explorer and i get this on both (see picture). I downloaded the form and opened with adobe but it wont let me save a filled in version either.   

GlasbrewInc

Yea I couldn't do that earlier myself ended up saving pdf filling in and scanning

johnrm

The form is a bit ginky.
Theres an unclickable link in it for the organiser.
You need to save the PDF and email it.
To Save it, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a toolbar pop up.

Jaysus, theres going to be lots of reds at the upcoming meets...

Damo

Use the disc icon at the bottom of the screen to save it to your pc. 
Reopen it and edit it to fill in you rdetails and save, you should be able to attach it and send by normal email

nigel_c

Took a lot of clicking and even more swearing but I got it.

Drum

Quote from: nigel_c on September 15, 2015, 11:22:20 PM
Took a lot of clicking and even more swearing but I got it.

I've surpassed my clicking and swearing quotas for this evening thanks to that annoying form.
Looks like diageo wont be getting my secret recipe for Admiral Rudolphs Xmas Special Ale after all 

Leann ull

September 16, 2015, 01:27:29 AM #29 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:48:59 AM by CH
https://smithwickshomebrewchallenge.ie/wp-content/uploads/SmithwicksCompetitionEntryForm.pdf

And for the spices folks from Northern Brewer, remember try and do a spice "tea" and adjust to taste rather than poison someone